Lee Cattermole Testemonial

Who else would pay him £40,000 a week.

Could have run his contract down and even if picking up around 30k at Stoke, would have got a massive signing on fee. Fact is every manager at SAFC wanted him in the team bar Di Canio, which speaks for itself, and we wanted him to stay enough to pay him a very good wage. We all know his limitations . It depends whether his qualities outweigh them. 10 years and about 8 managers say so , suggests they do

Could have run his contract down and even if picking up around 30k at Stoke, would have got a massive signing on fee. Fact is every manager at SAFC wanted him in the team bar Di Canio, which speaks for itself, and we wanted him to stay enough to pay him a very good wage. We all know his limitations . It depends whether his qualities outweigh them. 10 years and about 8 managers say so , suggests they do
This

I asked both Cattermole & Tony Davison at the POTY awards. Tried to drum up interest & start the ball rolling after a few pints. :lol:

Davison’s reply: “that sounds like a lot of hard work” :lol:

Cattermole: “never even thought about it, no idea how it all works?”

I then suggested playing the Boro and he says “that would be excellent, I’ve played with a fair number of decent players over the years!”

Let the fans in for nowt and all expenses to come out of his pocket. Ask the fans to donate to a charity with Catts and every player individually matching the total raised for charity.

And the fact that we are in League 1 with him being de facto captain says it all.

I'm sure he could have cleared off and made dough in a transfer. Will say it again, not many players stick it out anywhere for 10 years. Didn't jump ship when he could have.
He would have jumped ship in an instant if he had been offered more money elsewhere. He is currently paid at least 4 times more than he deserves.

He would have jumped ship in an instant if he had been offered more money elsewhere. He is currently paid at least 4 times more than he deserves.

Which is not his fault. The guy has given his best for the club without doubt. He didn't jump and ship and got offered a better deal by us. Again, not his fault and the club / just about every manager we've had will have pushed for him to stay.

Roker Report on Twitter

Last edited:

Back