Lee Burge

Every time I read your posts I always imagine a bloke that looks like Ronnie Corbett but with a really high pitched voice much like the stott Brothers wearing a 90s suit two sizes to big for you. ‘Eeeh I’m cringing for them man’. Sort of bloke you would absolutely hate to live next door to. Bet you used to get smacked all over as a youngun so are loving the anonymity on here of being able to act hard and slag people off. You’ll be like a little wet fart in real life.

Aye. :rolleyes:

I live in Coventry and my son supports them, the end result being I've been to 80% of Coventry's home games this season. If Burge has been bought as back up it's a good move as he's capable of producing some very good performances. However he's incredibly inconsistent who varies massively from game to game. He's capable of being an excellent shot stopper but does not command his box in the slightest, he's often glued to the line. If, and I appreciate it's a big if at the moment, he's our No.1 he'll cost us more points than he saves us.
Disgraceful parenting there!

Have you been watching us mate? Our midfield was weak. Of course we need midfielders. The problem was Ross signed 3 midfielders that were all very similar to what we already had.

Presumably you didn't read my post in full? Just to clarify this is what was on the post;

If anything we need to look for a way to create more space to add in the addition of a player that would make the difference through the middle. Personally, I would be looking to shift on Honeyman and sign a much better all rounded option than him.

I categorically stated that we need to create space in the squad (i.e. by moving on some of the CM's) so that we can sign a CM that would make a difference. I clearly stated that Honeyman would be one of the players that I looked to move on as well (irrespective of ability on the ball, he's just like the rest in that he lacks height, power, acceleration, pace etc etc).

Well maybe I’m wrong but you’re always on some kind of crusade.

‘Eeh I’m ashamed of the fans’

‘Eeh I’m ashamed of the club

‘Eeh I’m behind the players 100%’

Such a good fan. A real fan.

Absolutely, at times some of our fans behaviour, in terms of abuse of the owners has been disgraceful and the attendance at the play off semi final at home was embarrassing.

Rarely if ever ashamed of the club, sometimes ashamed of some of the behaviour from officials of the club ie Byrne covering up for the nonce.

I am 100% behind the players.

Every time I read your posts I always imagine a bloke that looks like Ronnie Corbett but with a really high pitched voice much like the stott Brothers wearing a 90s suit two sizes to big for you. ‘Eeeh I’m cringing for them man’. Sort of bloke you would absolutely hate to live next door to. Bet you used to get smacked all over as a youngun so are loving the anonymity on here of being able to act hard and slag people off. You’ll be like a little wet fart in real life.

He is such hard work, gets offended by everything

Seems to hate all Sunderland fans and think he is operating on some higher level for some reason

Absolutely, at times some of our fans behaviour, in terms of abuse of the owners has been disgraceful and the attendance at the play off semi final at home was embarrassing.

Rarely if ever ashamed of the club, sometimes ashamed of some of the behaviour from officials of the club ie Byrne covering up for the nonce.

I am 100% behind the players.
You might as well be ashamed of being human then because being a Sunderland fan sets neither you nor me apart from any other person. It’s a voluntary attendance. Nobody signs a contract on what they should say about the whole caboodle. We’re free to go or not and say what we want. If people get stressed over it to the point other people’s actions embarrass them then I’d suggest the terraces aren’t for them.

So you are ashamed then.

All of us want the players to win every game you’re no different.

He is such hard work, gets offended by everything

Seems to hate all Sunderland fans and think he is operating on some higher level for some reason
Yep that’s what I’ve noticed.

Evening All,
I have been reading this thread with some interest as my lot are a little obsessed with you guys at the moment. I am and have been a season ticket holder at Coventry for many years and like to think I am pretty balanced in my opinions on players.
Lee Burge is a hit and miss sort of keeper. He does not command his box but overall is pretty decent. The thing that was difficult was the mistakes that he made cost us points but he won us a few as well. Our problem was not goalkeeper, it was the lack of goals, hence his mistakes were costly. If I am right in thinking, when we got promoted from League two, he was in the team of the year. Im sure he will do OK for you

Evening All,
I have been reading this thread with some interest as my lot are a little obsessed with you guys at the moment. I am and have been a season ticket holder at Coventry for many years and like to think I am pretty balanced in my opinions on players.
Lee Burge is a hit and miss sort of keeper. He does not command his box but overall is pretty decent. The thing that was difficult was the mistakes that he made cost us points but he won us a few as well. Our problem was not goalkeeper, it was the lack of goals, hence his mistakes were costly. If I am right in thinking, when we got promoted from League two, he was in the team of the year. Im sure he will do OK for you
He’s bought as a number 2 so hopefully the useless bag of shite will be sat on the bench all year.

Strikes me as a Luke Steele #2.

If he's back up then he's no worse than what we had last year. If JM leaves we are in trouble.

lee burge is better than the player he is replacing..ruiter.
mclaoughlin is a better full back than doanld love, and more useful than matthews who may be a better footballer than him but is always injured.

How do you know they're both better? How much have you seen of them?

I live in Coventry and my son supports them, the end result being I've been to 80% of Coventry's home games this season. If Burge has been bought as back up it's a good move as he's capable of producing some very good performances. However he's incredibly inconsistent who varies massively from game to game. He's capable of being an excellent shot stopper but does not command his box in the slightest, he's often glued to the line. If, and I appreciate it's a big if at the moment, he's our No.1 he'll cost us more points than he saves us.

If your assessment is accurate, that basically means he's shite unfortunately. Every professional goalkeeper is capable of pulling off good saves, that's their bread and butter. If he doesn't do the trickier things well then he'll be shown up.

Evening All,

Whereas that's slightly more encouraging.

Last edited:

Back