Lee Burge heart issue following positive COVID test

Sorry to hear that, hopefully steady improvement. I hope I haven't de-railed the thread, but I saw some article about most people having reduced lung capacity afterwards but we don't know yet what the recovery rate is. In the case of a keeper that maybe isn't such a huge factor, but outfield players coming back from covid could be below par in fitness/energy for an unkonown period if that is correct.

Purely anecdotal, but I play brass instruments and I've definitely got reduced capability of using my lungs since I had covid. I'm going to assume it's lower lung capacity.

As did Pritchard, as did I. Heart issues are quite common with covid. Hope Burge’s problems are minor and he recovers quickly and fully. It took me around 2 months to get back to a normal heart rate and regular beat.

There’s so much ‘medical science’ involved in the health management of professional footballers, it not a surprise that so many players are being flagged with issues.

It does make you wonder how many of us have covid related issues that were just living with. I went for a run a couple of weeks ago, the first time since I’ve felt up to it since I had covid back in October. It’s definitely hit me.

Hopefully Burge is back on his feet properly soon and no long term issues.

Post viral symptoms are a common and very real thing, I get Epstein-Barr (glandular fever) when I was around 40. Had after-effects (including palpitations) for about six months, and it triggered depresssion.

Lad at work had COVID between Xmas and New year and he was taken to hospital with an inflamed heart 😬
He's OK now so hopefully same for Lee 🤞

Hope the lad gets better soon, does anybody know if he was vaccinated and had his booster? (not wanting to make a point here just asking out of interest in the wake of Charlie Wykes troubles).

As did Pritchard, as did I. Heart issues are quite common with covid. Hope Burge’s problems are minor and he recovers quickly and fully. It took me around 2 months to get back to a normal heart rate and regular beat.
Indeed.
It's palpitations
Common enough
Easy fixed

Last edited:
Hope the lad gets better soon, does anybody know if he was vaccinated and had his booster? (not wanting to make a point here just asking out of interest in the wake of Charlie Wykes troubles).

Wouldn't matter, other than reducing his chances of getting it in the first place. Heart problems (myocarditis or palpitations) are a well known complication of Covid itself. Having the kind of palpitation where your heart skips a beat or two doesn't half scare the shit out of you.

Mrs K's auntie had to have her heart restarted due to Covid

I've had no problems with singing, though I tire more easily generally. I had omicron, if that makes a difference.
Lung-wise, apparently it does.

Omicron variant has lost some of its ability to get into and damage our lung cells as part of the trade-off for being more transmissible. Much more in the sinus/throat than prior variants, they say. Less in the lung.

Still vile, by all accounts.

Wouldn't matter, other than reducing his chances of getting it in the first place. Heart problems (myocarditis or palpitations) are a well known complication of Covid itself. Having the kind of palpitation where your heart skips a beat or two doesn't half scare the shit out of you.
I think also fit/young/healthy people are also more likely to exercise while having the virus (whether they know they have it or not) and it's the worst thing you can do apparently, I used to often exercise to 'sweat it out ' and it's a really stupid thing to do, according to my wife the nurse....

Back