Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy LP cover

Nah..he's just being a greedy bastard..same as the kids who sang on 'Another Brick in the Wall'..badly advised by another greedy bastard who thinks they can make a quick buck..i mean how the hell can you even tell which one's him..greedy bastard.

Came across as a bit of a wimp tbh. His mam and then actually listening to the album for the first time seemed to sort his head out.

Nah..he's just being a greedy bastard..same as the kids who sang on 'Another Brick in the Wall'..badly advised by another greedy bastard who thinks they can make a quick buck..i mean how the hell can you even tell which one's him..greedy bastard.
Along with his sister he was naked on the cover and he felt uncomfortable about it.

Haven't the interview yet but here are some quotes from him of a few years back:

Logon or register to see this image

HOUSES OF THE HOLY: THE BACKSTORY TO THE FAMOUS LED ZEPPELIN ALBUM COVER

One of the most iconic record covers of the 1970s is Led Zeppelin’s fifth album, 1973’s Houses of the Holyand it’s also one of the most mysterious. Fans have long speculated about the “meaning” of this cryptic image of naked, golden-haired children crawling around an apocalyptic landscape towards… what? Was it a reference to the creepy 50s sci-fi film Village of the Damned? An apocalypse cult? Or was there some “occult significance” to Jimmy Page? I’m sure there must have been quite a lot of stoned, meandering conversations back then about this one.

The cover, produced by the legendary London-based design firm, Hipgnosis, was shot on the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland. Aubrey Powell, the Hipgnosis partner who actually designed the cover, told Q magazine in 2003 that the concept was based on Arthur C. Clarke’s novel Childhood’s End, where hundreds of millions of Earth’s children gather together to be taken off into space.

Gates said of the shoot, which he did at the age of five with his older sister Samantha:

“We only got a few quid for the modelling and the chance to travel to places we had never been before. Our family wasn’t well off, we certainly couldn’t afford holidays, so it worked out great for us.

“For the Zeppelin cover we went to Ireland during the Troubles. I remember arriving at the airport and seeing all these people with guns. We stayed in this little guest house near the Giant’s Causeway and to capture the so-called magic light of dawn and dusk we’d shoot first thing in the morning and at night.

I’ve heard people saying they put wigs on several children. But there was only me and my sister and that’s our real hair. I used to love being naked when I was that age so I didn’t mind. I’d whip off my clothes at the drop of a hat and run around having a great time, so I was in my element. My sister was older so she was probably a bit more self-conscious.”

Stefan Gates believes shooting the album at the age of five has a huge, but mostly subconscious, role in his life. “Although it’s just my naked behind you can see, perhaps being a part of something like that at a young age made me seek out more ambitious and adventurous experiences.”

I’ve heard people saying they put wigs on several children. But there was only me and my sister and that’s our real hair. I used to love being naked when I was that age so I didn’t mind. I’d whip off my clothes at the drop of a hat and run around having a great time, so I was in my element. My sister was older so she was probably a bit more self-conscious.”

Stefan Gates believes shooting the album at the age of five has a huge, but mostly subconscious, role in his life. “Although it’s just my naked behind you can see, perhaps being a part of something like that at a young age made me seek out more ambitious and adventurous experiences.”
He didn't come across like that.
They remembered it was freezing.

Back