Leceister winning the league last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyond belief it really is. I really hoped Leicester fans wouldn't get up themselves after last year and didn't think they would. Leicester fans wanting ranieri sacked is one of the most shameful things in football.

Not really, that was then this is now. I'm not interested in what he's done for us in the past but what he's going to do in the future?

We had a team full of Champions. We lost Kante but he spent £85m, the return is not good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kante is prob ththe equivalent of 3 extra players in midfield

Who would you want to replace him?

No idea, I haven't given it any thought but I'd like to see us get a young manager whose doing really well in the Klopp/Pochettino type mould. We've got some really good players and are cash rich so we'd be a great proposition for a brilliant up and coming manager.

No idea, I haven't given it any thought but I'd like to see us get a young manager whose doing really well in the Klopp/Pochettino type mould. We've got some really good players and are cash rich so we'd be a great proposition for a brilliant up and coming manager.

The trouble is no manager is ever going to be able to replicate what you achieved last season, so why would any up and coming manager even try? Even if you finished, say 6th, it won't be viewed as anything spectacular compared to what has gone before. Even coming half way is going to be met with indifference for a club who in recent decades, would not be expected to be in anything other than a relegation battle. After this season, you are not going to be any more attractive than a Stoke or a West Brom. It was a spectacular achievement and Leicester deserve all the plaudits they got but there is nowhere to go from here but down.

The trouble is no manager is ever going to be able to replicate what you achieved last season, so why would any up and coming manager even try? Even if you finished, say 6th, it won't be viewed as anything spectacular compared to what has gone before. Even coming half way is going to be met with indifference for a club who in recent decades, would not be expected to be in anything other than a relegation battle. After this season, you are not going to be any more attractive than a Stoke or a West Brom. It was a spectacular achievement and Leicester deserve all the plaudits they got but there is nowhere to go from here but down.

I think some of these Leicester ones thought it would be regular top 6 for a few years, stadium expansions to cater for 45,000 crowds , and regular forays into Europe.
I would take multiple relegations for a title win, or an FA Cup win.(not the league cup though).Honestly I would die a happy man if I saw us crowned Champions of England.
I saw on a website someone asking what was going on at Leicester, and someone (very reasonably IMO) remarked, "once you have climbed Everest against the odds, what can you do to top that."

I agree to a point, challenging the "big six" isn't realistic over the mid term but we've really fallen from grace.

I think some of these Leicester ones thought it would be regular top 6 for a few years, stadium expansions to cater for 45,000 crowds , and regular forays into Europe.
I would take multiple relegations for a title win, or an FA Cup win.(not the league cup though).Honestly I would die a happy man if I saw us crowned Champions of England.
I saw on a website someone asking what was going on at Leicester, and someone (very reasonably IMO) remarked, "once you have climbed Everest against the odds, what can you do to top that."

I read the Everest quote on our forum but it was "once you've climbed Everest, why do you want to do it again" in reference to our players.

I think the whole club has had a hangover from winning the title, even the fans. As fans it was hard to get up for games at the start of the season as we felt we'd won football and the game was over. There were loads of posts with people saying they're struggling to get up for games and I felt exactly the same.

As a Leicester fan my ambitions for my club was to see us win the FA Cup at some point. Obviously I fantasised about winning the League or Champions League but it was never realistic. They say the journey is better than arriving and once you've done it you feel a bit flat a few months later as you know you've reached the heights never to return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, that was then this is now. I'm not interested in what he's done for us in the past but what he's going to do in the future?

We had a team full of Champions. We lost Kante but he spent £85m, the return is not good enough.

I fear the worst for Ranieri, the constant team/ formation changing ain't doing the team any good .

The body language of the players yesterday says it all, again they didn't know there roles on the field.

We have scored once in the last 5 games playing with 3 defensive midfielders, it's crackers.

We're sinking faster than the titanic.

It's like Del Boy becoming a millionaire in Only Fools and Horses. Once he'd achieved his dream, he had nothing left to aim for.

Who f***ing cares man. He won the championship with f***ing LEICESTER man and got that club into the latter stages of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and within months some want him SACKED because LEICESTER are only a bit above the relegation zone. Can you believe how selfish, rotten and ungrateful you are. I hope there are plenty of your fans giving you shit you treacherous get :mad:

The trouble is no manager is ever going to be able to replicate what you achieved last season, so why would any up and coming manager even try? Even if you finished, say 6th, it won't be viewed as anything spectacular compared to what has gone before. Even coming half way is going to be met with indifference
Looks like finishing sixth would impress you. Actually, for a young up and coming manager it could be seen as a no lose situation. Nobody would be expecting him to do as well.

I think the whole club has had a hangover from winning the title, even the fans. As fans it was hard to get up for games at the start of the season as we felt we'd won football and the game was over. There were loads of posts with people saying they're struggling to get up for games and I felt exactly the same.
Got to say I'm surprised at this while you're still in the CL. Remember forest winning the league unexpectedly was just the start.

I remember Revie saying something very similar to Cloughie in a TV interview, and Cloughie's reply was "I can do it better. I can win the league losing only once". There's always another goal if you look hard enough.

Beyond belief it really is. I really hoped Leicester fans wouldn't get up themselves after last year and didn't think they would. Leicester fans wanting ranieri sacked is one of the most shameful things in football.
Bollocks man. There's no room for sentimentality, and he will be rewarded handsomely for what he's done.

Anyway, I'm just back from the London branch darts team losing to Leicester 6-5. Great bunch of lads, unlike one or two teams I could mention, and more painful because yours truly missed 3 darts at double 8 for the beer leg and the match :(

Last edited:
Who f***ing cares man. He won the championship with f***ing LEICESTER man and got that club into the latter stages of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and within months some want him SACKED because LEICESTER are only a bit above the relegation zone. Can you believe how selfish, rotten and ungrateful you are. I hope there are plenty of your fans giving you shit you treacherous get :mad:
I hope they go bust me. Unbelievable really.

Really? You f***ing ungrateful cunts

Not really, @TwasOnTheFifthOfMay gets it completely.

When we became genuine title contenders I would have happily traded winning the title for successive relegations to the Conference.

Last season was brilliant until about March and then it makes you feel nauseous when you feel you have the title to lose. I lived and breathed football in that time and I would be elated when we won and then really low when Tottenham won 24 hours later which seemed to be the pattern. I'd then spend about the next five days getting nervous and a sickening feeling before the next fixture. Sometimes I'd wake up at 4am worrying about Leicester then not being able to get back to sleep. I've seen Leicester in four play off finals, three League Cup finals and never felt like that but this was completely different, I hated the last couple of months as it was a one in a lifetime thing, it was now or never.

Although I'll be eternally grateful to Ranieri and the lads our title win is now history. I want whats best for my club now not to see it suffer because of nostalgia and if hard decisions need to be taken for the good of the club then so be it.

Not really, @TwasOnTheFifthOfMay gets it completely.

When we became genuine title contenders I would have happily traded winning the title for successive relegations to the Conference.

Last season was brilliant until about March and then it makes you feel nauseous when you feel you have the title to lose. I lived and breathed football in that time and I would be elated when we won and then really low when Tottenham won 24 hours later which seemed to be the pattern. I'd then spend about the next five days getting nervous and a sickening feeling before the next fixture. Sometimes I'd wake up at 4am worrying about Leicester then not being able to get back to sleep. I've seen Leicester in four play off finals, three League Cup finals and never felt like that but this was completely different, I hated the last couple of months as it was a one in a lifetime thing, it was now or never.

Although I'll be eternally grateful to Ranieri and the lads our title win is now history. I want whats best for my club now not to see it suffer because of nostalgia and if hard decisions need to be taken for the good of the club then so be it.
You're a Championship club, you belong in the Championship. You had the season of dreams last year and Ranieri should be allowed to do whatever he likes form now on in. Even if he takes you back down where you belong

You're a Championship club, you belong in the Championship. You had the season of dreams last year and Ranieri should be allowed to do whatever he likes form now on in. Even if he takes you back down where you belong

I assume if you think Leicester are a Championship club you must think Sunderland are as well?

Considering over the last 50 years both clubs have extremely similar finishing positions.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back