Leaving stuff outside the front of your house for people

when we sell bits on gumtree and that we leave it on the front step when the people are coming (if we aren't going to be in) and they put the money through the letterbox. never had nee bother with it

I left a Television and an ironing board last time I moved and didn't have use for them.

Today I've just put a big box of books that I've read out into the porch of my apartment block so that others can help themselves during lockdown.

Used to happen when I lived in Sydney. I lived in a share house that was fully furnished with freebies. Lass I lived with used to drive around on a night picking stuff up.

For the most part people were great and put out stuff people will want. But then you get the dickheads just chucking shit out on the street which gets left for days/weeks making the place look manky.

I'd feel dodgy as fuck just taking something from outside some ones house.

Knowing my luck they be unloading the car and I'd be off with their new gear :lol:

There's a lady near my ma who pulls a trolley bookcase out on nice days and leaves a charity honesty box. That's been going on for years.

There's loads of it going on at the minute, although not for charity. Great way to move your unwanted stuff on.

Back