Leaving stuff outside the front of your house for people

Seen it before. Seems more common now in these times. Canny idea really.

Have also done it myself. Left a load of strawberry plants out with a note saying they were free. I’d made the mistake of planting them in the ground and ended up with a couple of hundred runners rooting in the lawn and gravel paths.

It happens around here occasionally. Usually pieces of furniture which are useable but a bit bashed about so they'd have little to no resale value, sometimes other stuff.

I do that. I live next to a school, so there's a lot people walk past twice a day. I leave stuff out that the bairn has grown out of and people take it. I hate throwing things in the bin that someone else can use.

They used to do that a lot in Germany, furniture and the likes, a good idea I think, If someone can find a use for it, mind some of the stuff looked brand new.

It's just a London thing I think.

Got a decent chest of drawers, some astro turf, some cook books and a few picture frames from the neighbours in the past.

Common in surrey,guy at the end of my street has a pair of speakers at the moment on his drive with a small note saying anyones welcome to them.

Back