Leaving Neverland

So if you knew a bloke in his 30s who closeted himself away in a bedroom with a young boy to ‘play’ with him and slept in his bed with him, alone, you would only describe that as ‘questionable antics’ as in your earlier post? It doesn’t really matter if the two victims are telling the truth about the sexual activity, Jackson’s admitted behaviour on its own is sick and potentially harmful. It is the behaviour of a paedophile. No man without those impulses would do that in a million years, unless he’s seriously mentally impaired, and Jackson wasn’t. If he was seriously ‘just a child’ would he be able to negotiate his own complex deals, as he was known to do? And if it was all innocent why the system of cameras outside the bedroom?

As for him not flinching, did Huntley ‘flinch’? No, he convinced everyone at first and he’d just committed murder. Watch the Netflix documentary on Jeffrey Dahmer with the footage of him defending himself in court, an articulate speaker and a model of composure, who just happened to have brutally killed over 30 young women. Body language means nothing.

I meant Ted Bundy of course not Jeffrey Dahmer.

perhaps Jacko was mentally impaired....he certainly made some strange choices in his life. Of course he wouldnt have acted like a child when negotiating business deals..but it was easy for him to do so when he was around children....much like some adults can behave like idiots when they are with other idiots.
Good of you to compare him to two killers mind in Huntley and Bundy. Jacko may have had a couple of screws loose but he wasnt a psycho

but they have waited till almost 10 years after he died ?. The Saville victims came out virtually straight away.
Comments like this are why I asked yesterday whether you’d actually watched the documentary.

As shown in the film, Wade Robson had a breakdown/severe depression episode in 2010/11 and it was during his counselling that he realised what he’d experienced was abuse and his breakdown was a result of it.

He then appeared on American national TV making the allegations in 2012 or 2013 (I can’t remember which from the film), and he then had an unsuccessful lawnsuit a couple of years later. Wade going public was what persuaded the other guy to come forward.

Just because you’ve become aware of their stories this year doesn’t mean it’s the first time they’ve publically accused him!

perhaps Jacko was mentally impaired....he certainly made some strange choices in his life. Of course he wouldnt have acted like a child when negotiating business deals..but it was easy for him to do so when he was around children....much like some adults can behave like idiots when they are with other idiots.
Good of you to compare him to two killers mind in Huntley and Bundy. Jacko may have had a couple of screws loose but he wasnt a psycho
To be fair he wasn’t comparing him to Huntley and Bundy, just stating the example of people who were guilty yet were able to disguise it.

Comments like this are why I asked yesterday whether you’d actually watched the documentary.

As shown in the film, Wade Robson had a breakdown/severe depression episode in 2010/11 and it was during his counselling that he realised what he’d experienced was abuse and his breakdown was a result of it.

He then appeared on American national TV making the allegations in 2012 or 2013 (I can’t remember which from the film), and he then had an unsuccessful lawnsuit a couple of years later. Wade going public was what persuaded the other guy to come forward.

Just because you’ve become aware of their stories this year doesn’t mean it’s the first time they’ve publically accused him!

this

i think many people are under the impression they've just all of a sudden decided to come out with this for a pay day. i cant account for the other bloke as i don't know his back story but as you say Robson first accused him years ago. these are not new allegations for the sake of a documentary

this

i think many people are under the impression they've just all of a sudden decided to come out with this for a pay day. i cant account for the other bloke as i don't know his back story but as you say Robson first accused him years ago. these are not new allegations for the sake of a documentary
Exactly. And given the fact that Robson has choreographed for NSync, Britney, Cirque De Soleil, and been a judge of Dancing with the Stars, he has a lot to lose by making false allegations!

I've watched both parts and I'm undecided.

Something which did make me suspicious was a moment in part one, when Wade Robson's mother said that Jackson asked her if Wade could stay with him for a year. She said that she saw his dark side when she said no, as he told her "I always get what I want".
I just can't believe that alarm bells weren't ringing at that point. Why would she want her son to continue seeing a man who you must feel you can't 100% trust at this point.

I also can see how Jackson might have manipluated the lads when they were 7, saying that they could both be in trouble if it ever came out and making out that it was true love, but Wade Robson was 22 when he testified in support of Jackson.
Surely he should have been intelligent and emotionally mature enough at that point to know that what happened to him was wrong, and that Jackson deserved to be punished.

Equally, I don't know if this whole "Jackson was a child at heart and craved the childhood he didn't have" washes with me. If he was genuinely a child at heart who just loved children, why didn't he sleep with young girls? It's not as if he took young girls on tour with him as he did the lads.

Last edited:
I've watched both parts and I'm undecided.

Something which did make me suspicious was a moment in part one, when Wade Robson's mother said that Jackson asked her if Wade could stay with him for a year. She said that she saw his dark side when she said no, as he told her "I always get what I want".
I just can't believe that alarm bells weren't ringing at that point. Why would she want her son to continue seeing a man who you must feel you can't 100% trust at this point.

I also can see how Jackson might have manipluated the lads when they were 7, saying that they could both be in trouble if it ever came out and making out that it was true love, but Wade Robson was 22 when he testified in support of Jackson.
Surely he should have been intelligent and emotionally mature enough at that point to know that what happened to him was wrong, and that Jackson deserved to be punished.

Equally, I don't know if this whole "Jackson was a child at heart and craved the childhood he didn't have" washes with me. If he was genuinely a child at heart who just loved children, why didn't he sleep with young girls? It's not as if he took young girls on tour with him as he did the lads.

She blatantly made that line up for effect.

To counter the lads argument, why did he rattle his missus all over the place if he was gay? Also, when I was a six I mostly knocked about with other lads, playing footy, army games and that. Lasses made daisy chains and skipped, which is shite.

Mind, he was definitely a weird fucker and think he did he fiddle. I just wasn't convinced by the documentary, especially the other lads account.

Last edited:
She blatantly made that line up for effect.

To counter the lads argument, why did he rattle his missus all over the place if he was gay? Also, when I was a six I mostly knocked about with other lads, playing footy, army games and that. Lasses made daisy chains and skipped, which is shite.

Mind, he was definitely a weird fucker and think he did he fiddle. I just wasn't convinced by the documentary, especially the other lads account.

Yeah, I can see your point. I also mostly knocked about with other lads, playing footy and army games, but we never slept in the same bed. If a mate stayed over, I'd sleep in my bed and my mate would sleep on a sofa bed or in a sleeping bag on the floor. I still can't get my head around why a man of his age would want to sleep in the same bed with a young lad if it wasn't for anything other than sexual activities.

My gut feeling is that he was a paedophile, but the documentary didn't make it conclusive for me.

Last edited:

Back