1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leavers now apparently so desperate to justify their stupidity they have invent new scenarios

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pete, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Biscuitz

Biscuitz Goalkeeper

Uh-oh, you know that sort of talk sends the boards angries into a ragefest

2. I know. Its just sometimes they don't take a step back first to realise what it is they think they are angry about.

3. CEF

CEF Central Defender

Would you really want to put our lads in the hands of the unaccountable EU leaders, hell bent on creating a EU superstate against the will of the European people, and willing to turn a blind eye to Spanish riot police brutality because it was used against the enemies of the EU, just to save a few quid?
    Not sure it will be cheaper, we barely meet our NATO obligations on defence as it is....

The Exile likes this.
  4. redgauntlet

redgauntlet Striker

I know Comrade, I find you equally as tiresome, how's Vlad.

Now, if you could put a couple of cheap soundbites in there, they just might buy it. They love cheap soundbites do the brexitears.

5. ollie c

ollie c Striker

I'd respond, but prevented from doing so by a dubious character who approached me in Gorky Park earlier. Can't say too much more...stay safe RG.

The Exile likes this.
  6. squashjoe

squashjoe Striker

Hoping for good news shortly.

7. The Exile

The Exile Striker

Dosvidickhead.

ollie c likes this.
  8. And had we played our cards right we probably would have ended up running the bloody thing having by far the most experienced services and English would have been the service language.

9. The Exile

The Exile Striker

Do you think that would have ever been allowed?

10. GinoBartali

GinoBartali Central Defender Contributor

You do realise that tired shit has had its day don't you?

Because that particular achingly overused, ill-founded cliche Brexit soundbite is very easily disproved, again and again.... and again.

If you cared sufficiently to take the time to actually understand the EU you'd see that the policy and law making processes of the European Union are actually more democratic than ours. European legislation is subject to greater democratic control than the UK, this is because European legislation requires the consent of three bodies: one directly elected on a proportional basis, and two indirectly elected. In the UK, most legislation can be forced through by the governing party without broad public consent. See our current government and some of the reprehensible acts they have recently passed through parliament because they have a grubby majority agreement with the political wing of a proscribed terrorist organisation.

You're "Not sure" that a defence PACT will be cheaper? Yet you accept we are struggling to meet our current obligations to NATO, and thats before another defence spending review that concludes in 2018.

OK, I see. With that level of analysis you should take up a job in the DExEU pulling together the impact studies. You'd love it there mate. I think you'd do really well.

You'll never know.

redgauntlet and janiep like this.
  11. The Exile

The Exile Striker

I think that anyone with any knowledge of European history and Britain's role in it can make a canny guess like.

12. I don't think our government would ever have went for it, but hypothetically the language would inevitably have been English to coordinate with Canada, USA and almost every country apart from France.

I think we would have a lot of influence, especially behind the scenes because of our experiences in combat, civil insurection and special forces.

13. Gaggoears

Gaggoears Goalkeeper

when you read this thread, did you think, he is talking to me ?

14. The Exile

The Exile Striker

Too many commas there.

I replied to a point responding to me. Or is that stalking?

15. GinoBartali

GinoBartali Central Defender Contributor

Ah..... empirical evidence then?

16. danbob

danbob Winger

NATO

17. Gaggoears

Gaggoears Goalkeeper

I like commas,

18. That's not really the same as having economies of scale, shared resources and bulk purchasing power. It would probably be a shit army in reality though.

19. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

I voted remain and think it was a stupid idea to appease the Tory backbenchers give the country a vote in the matter.

However I wish the exit was over and done with. I’m sick of hearing about it now.

Just wish we had half competent politicians capable of sorting out a decent deal for the country

Lambchops likes this.
  20. madone

madone Winger

After we have left will the EU still use English as its main communication language when they have meetings?