Leasing Cars

JW1973

Striker
Hi, anyone leased a car before? Any suggestions of decent companies to use etc for private lease? Thanks in advance

Hi, anyone leased a car before? Any suggestions of decent companies to use etc for private lease? Thanks in advance

Pistonheads worth a look for offers Best Lease Car Deals Available? (Vol 8) - Page 88 - Car Buying - PistonHeads

some decent sites to search on

quite a lot like LINGsCARS.com - Mobile but i’ve always found them expensive tbh

Pistonheads worth a look for offers Best Lease Car Deals Available? (Vol 8) - Page 88 - Car Buying - PistonHeads

some decent sites to search on

quite a lot like LINGsCARS.com - Mobile but i’ve always found them expensive tbh

👆 That link ffs :lol:

I can’t believe anyone buys new cars anyway. That first year hit seems ridiculous when you could just buy a year old.
I dont get it either- my lease costs for 2 years is just slightly more than the VAT i would have paid on the car if i had bought it brand new from a dealer.
I understand discounts are available and no one pays list price etc but, on the other side of the coin is depreciation so i still think leasing my motor for 2 years is a far better option.

lings may have good service but over the last 6-8 years i have found them to be far more expensive than other lease companies.

Just waiting on mine to be delivered today, used Lings and if you get a quote from elsewhere they will try and beat/match it.

Furthermore, and most importantly, their customer service is absolutely fantastic.

Also worth trying through the fleet people at main dealers. Pulman do some decent deals. Also Santander is worth a shout for Mazda/Volvo and you can deal direct with local garage to get it delivered too.

Lings have always appeared more expensive than others when looking at the total cost.

For decent deals pistonheads lease chat page linked above is a good bet as you might see a deal. Be prepared to act fast and not look for a certain spec/model etc and you will get a cracking deal somewhere

Leasing only seems to useful if you’re the kind of person who buys new though.
It's more like the opposite Dave mate.
I dont get it either- my lease costs for 2 years is just slightly more than the VAT i would have paid on the car if i had bought it brand new from a dealer.
I understand discounts are available and no one pays list price etc but, on the other side of the coin is depreciation so i still think leasing my motor for 2 years is a far better option.

lings may have good service but over the last 6-8 years i have found them to be far more expensive than other lease companies.
It's usually the cheapest (or thereabouts) in my experience.

Last edited:

If the customers were getting the better part of the deal the deal wouldn’t have existed in the first place.

Back