Learning the guitar

Mines the dark sunburst one. Nice. No electrics small body. Sound ok considering it’s so small. The tuners are not the best on mine. Cheap guitar though and good noodle about on the settee given it’s small body.

Never seen that Vintage one
Looks bonny, good reviews and can get it for sub-£100. Nice little thing to have lying about, and save me carting my dreadnought to my cousin's every couple of weeks. :lol:

The bridge is held in place by the pressure of the strings. People often use tape or rosin to “glue” the bridge into position or you can actually pin them using small screws.

I’m not a Gretsch player - i do have a Gretsch acoustic (Jim Dandy)but no electrics.
Just restring one by one in that case - piece of piss. An ABR would lift off the pins if you took all the strings off.

I've got a maestro trem on me Firebird. That's fun to string as the tailpiece is notched rather than an eye hole. I find it handy really cos ya can sort the pole end, then use the trem bar to 'clip' the string in place.

I don't even like U2. Just heard an acoustic version of it a few days ago and thought the guitar playing sounded lovely, and pretty simple. Turns out it was both
What don't you like about them? they are "Global" mate, truly global. their music is welcomed by every country, within reason haha Fantasic band imo

What don't you like about them? they are "Global" mate, truly global. their music is welcomed by every country, within reason haha Fantasic band imo
I think I was late to the party with them, so by the time I came across them properly I already knew their 3 or 4 well known songs from radio play / TV etc and their identity was too lodged in my brain to break. I have since gone back over some of their stuff but maybe a little half heartedly. I wasn't grabbed by anything I heard.

Recommend me one of their albums and I will give it a go. I like picking a band I don't know much of and going back through their stuff (I did this with T-Rex a couple of years ago and was blown away by The Slider)

I think I was late to the party with them, so by the time I came across them properly I already knew their 3 or 4 well known songs from radio play / TV etc and their identity was too lodged in my brain to break. I have since gone back over some of their stuff but maybe a little half heartedly. I wasn't grabbed by anything I heard.

Recommend me one of their albums and I will give it a go. I like picking a band I don't know much of and going back through their stuff (I did this with T-Rex a couple of years ago and was blown away by The Slider)
Joshua Tree

Or if you want early stuff "Boy" or "October"

Start with The Joshua Tree

Something worth considering is whether it's worth buying a hard case for your guitar. Even the cheaper ones are strong enough like Tourtech and cost £65-70 depending on size. They keep your guitar safe from knocks, drinks being spilt, getting knocked over, dust collecting, smoke staining and humidity, Personally, if it's a decent guitar I stick it in a case until you want to play it.

I tend to lie mine on the the floor with a cushion off the settee for the neck like. When restringing I usually find it easier to stand the guitar up. This stands you in good stead for a mid-song restring when you have a snappage during a gig. :lol:

I think I'm with you on the pre-cut like. That's an interesting vid like - I've always put a 'lock' in.
I like the lock in and normally sit on the settee, steady the guitar between my legs and rest the back on the footstool.

I release the tension on 1st and 6th, then 2nd and 5th and 3rd and 4th, Clean and condition the fretboard and the rest of woodwork. Then reverse the process and tune up, strum a bit and tune up.

It's funny as over time my Guild loses tuning and the Martin gains, I love the deep grungy Guild and the boom of the Martin, two very different acoustics,

Something worth considering is whether it's worth buying a hard case for your guitar. Even the cheaper ones are strong enough like Tourtech and cost £65-70 depending on size. They keep your guitar safe from knocks, drinks being spilt, getting knocked over, dust collecting, smoke staining and humidity, Personally, if it's a decent guitar I stick it in a case until you want to play it.
Its good advice but guitars in cases don't get played. The ones that are "out" tend to get picked up more and played.

Back