Learning Spanish

Been thinking about this for a while now and figured there's no time like the present, so I'm going to give it a go.

What is the best way to learn? I've looked at courses but feel that I'd like to learn the basics first before I commit financially, it's looking like circa 200 quid for a short course here in London. I reckon I'd get more out of that if I at least had a basic grasp of grammar and the like.

Aside from Duolingo (still not convinced this is any good), are there other cheap or free ways to go through the basics online?

Any good tips? Places to begin? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Won't get 2 jugs of Sangria for that down there

Also, I recommend Duolingo. Mate of mine learned Italian on it by doing a bit every night for about 4 months. Now he lives there.

Last edited:
Been thinking about this for a while now and figured there's no time like the present, so I'm going to give it a go.

What is the best way to learn? I've looked at courses but feel that I'd like to learn the basics first before I commit financially, it's looking like circa 200 quid for a short course here in London. I reckon I'd get more out of that if I at least had a basic grasp of grammar and the like.

Aside from Duolingo (still not convinced this is any good), are there other cheap or free ways to go through the basics online?

Any good tips? Places to begin? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.
I've been going to Spanish lessons, once a week, for a few years.
See if you can enrol in a class in your area.
Youtube has a good, and free tutorial on there, which is very useful.
Also buy books on Spanish grammar, and verb conjugations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back