League table......

Sunday is an important game but still not season defining win or lose. Still 10 games and 30 points to play for after the weekend.

Having said that , it's always great to beat the sky blue filth.

I've said it a few times but I'll repeat. We have struggled all season against teams that are in form at that particular point in time. It's like we haven't quite got enough quality. That's not to be confused with tonking Wycombe who were high in league but on a bad run at that time.

Given that it looks like a fair few teams are easily swatting the weaker teams away week after week, it's going to come down to the games between the top 6.

We have been poor in them all season. If we want top 2 we have to start winning them.

I honestly think that if we want top 2 we will have to beat at least one of Coventry or Rotherham. (And Gillingham's form is right up there at present as well as another tough one)

If we cannot manage that then the only hope we have is that we win every 'easier' game and hope a few teams above us fall to pieces.
Currently swatting them away but that will change as the games progress. Rochdale need the points at pompey on Friday I'm having some of last nights winnings on the draw. Those bottom sides will have a say.
The way I look at tonight, is that we have got rid of one of the 4 hardest games we had left (the others being Cov Away, Posh at home and Rotherham away) and we have not lost ground in the table. That's a good result in many ways.
Plus we seen a never say die attitude

Last edited:
All the clubs around us on Saturday have easy fixtures it will be a must win Sunday at Coventry...

It really isn't a must win for you - although you obviously don't ant to lose. You have an easier run in than us in my opinion- but it'll be touch and go regardless. Rotherham are a really big, physical side and you could see last night why they are at the top. Most similar team to Fleetwood I have seen all season. and the ref let them get away with murder last night (in terms of fouling) yet ironically it was 2 Rotherham players left the pitch injured *one through trying to take out one of our players) Safe journey Sunday.

We just need to get through Sunday unbeaten.

We have a good run after this, whereas others play each other in and around the top 6.

No seems to be mentioning that the play offs aren't exactly a given either. Lose on Sunday which is highly possible and we could be out of the top 6

No seems to be mentioning that the play offs aren't exactly a given either. Lose on Sunday which is highly possible and we could be out of the top 6

There’ll be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season. We’ve still got more than 30 points to play for. Worst case scenario this weekend if we lose and everyone else gets a positive result is we’d drop to 6th in the table.

That would see Portsmouth beating Rochdale at home this Friday (probable) and then Peterborough winning at Burton on Saturday.,

If we lose on Sunday and Rotherham beat the MK Dons and Fleetwood win at Tranmere we’d be 6th and six points away from the automatic promotion places.

Rarely will all the results go so badly - Rotherham dropped points against Wimbledon recently, Peterborough winning at Burton isn’t a foregone conclusion and if we do the business against Coventry the other results won’t be as significant.

Once this weekend is out of the way we don’t play another top six side until Peterborough on April 13th. If we maintain our standards and keep the wins ticking over, other sides playing each other will drop points.

Back