League One next season.

The current bottom three in the Championship are Barnsley, Stoke and Wigan. Going to be harder than this season to get out if it stays that way.

Would Stoke be the biggest club in L1 if they join us next season?

Well no they wouldn't be, but they would have the financial muscle to get out of the league unless they're even worse managed than we are.

The stats show that most clubs who are relegated from the Championship will pretty much double their points tally the following season in L1 if they get themselves organised. Wigan did it twice, Barnsley & us did it last season, Rotherham did it the season before, Ipswich & Rotherham look like doing it this season.

The key is getting promoted first time round with your points haul. Once you spend more than a season in this league, you get dragged down to the standard of the average sides. Next season will be even harder than this one, as we'll have three relegated sides, a couple of sides who were unlucky in the play-offs, an up and coming side from L2, and the likes of Pompey who will come good again. Plus we wont have the parachute payments to outspend everyone.

Stewart Donald says Do I not like this ^^^

So what you're saying is the 3 teams that get relegated go straight back up next season. I that's the way it works.....

Try reading what I said again, only this time look at the start of the 2nd paragraph.

Rascal sums it up about Sheff Utd. They went down in 10/11 with 42 points. The next season, they finished 3rd on 90 points and lost 8-7 on pens in the playoff final. Following season 75 points and got beat in playoff semis. Following season 67 points - 7th. Following season 71 points and got beat in playoff semis. Following season 66 points (11th). Then they got Wilder in and won it with 100 points, 14 points above 2nd and 18 above 3rd. That's six years pissing around in this league before they escaped.

The longer you are in this shithole league the harder it is to get back up, and the harder it is to stay up once you are there.

The current bottom three in the Championship are Barnsley, Stoke and Wigan. Going to be harder than this season to get out if it stays that way.

Would Stoke be the biggest club in L1 if they join us next season?
We're down here for the long haul I'm afraid. I fear things may get an awful lot worse yet.

Back