League and cup double?

Well he clearly didn't apply that for the two European cup wins and getting to league cup finals and fa cup final, which was his obsession to win, but was not to be.

I think forest got to a zenith data cup final as well, somewhere along the line

He just said the league was a priority. Totally different to what the previous poster who mentioned Clough said. Was just proving him wrong ;)

He just said the league was a priority. Totally different to what the previous poster who mentioned Clough said. Was just proving him wrong ;)
I see.

I'll step aside in a non Geordie fashion, mind

I don't think anyone would argue with you. All we're saying is a trip to Wembley in a final would be welcome, regardless of what competition it is. We can only beat what's in front of us, and winning breeds confidence.

I would like to win it but I still don’t think there should be premier league u23 teams in it.

Once a team like Man City’s u23’s win it there will be questions asked imo.

Aye it’s not a glamorous double but winning the league and a visit to Wembley for the Checkatrade trophy has to be a step up on last season....and surely within our scope . Could set us up for a real crack at promotion the season after too.

The Coventry v Oxford final attracted 74,000 fans and Man City and Spurs will be entering teams next season, joining Chelsea.

Sorry mate, but the checkatrade trophy comes well down the list, hope we put a different team out, I'm not interested one bit.....

Sorry but that not true

30 seconds in

Clough says he would gladly go out of all cup competitions if it meant winning the league. That is true for us next season
He also quoted his Anglo-Scottish Cup Final win v Orient in 1977 as the win that launched the promotion, league win and double European Cup wins. He also targeted such cups as the Full Members Cup and the League Cup as winnable trophies stating players loved winning cups, it didn't matter what cups they were. I'll try and dig out the quotes

Back