League and cup double?

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Lord Alfred, May 27, 2018.

1. Chappers

Chappers Striker

100% this.

2. HBSAFC

HBSAFC Central Defender

Don't forget your selfie stick and Sunderland top with "Wembley 19" on the back too

Careful, you'll be accused of being boring soon...

3. gipetto

gipetto Striker

I won't, cheers. I'll be the one smiling whilst you're wallowing in a pool of negativity, telling all your pals how shite the competition is :lol:

BostonCat likes this.
  4. MrChalk

MrChalk Central Defender

Pressing reset on a rotten club and starting from scratch is most important.

gipetto likes this.
  5. I've been to old Wembley thrice and not seen Safc score in any of them

If we get to new Wembley, I would feel no shame in going, whatever competition it is in and would enjoy it immensely if we won the game and scored a bucket load.

We are league one and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest to go to a final in the EFL trophy.

The other cups are playthings of the big six anyway, so this competition gives the other clubs a chance for a good day out.

peterleeblackcat and gipetto like this.
  6. gipetto

gipetto Striker

Well said mate.

stephen cartwright and BostonCat like this.
  7. DufraisFTM

DufraisFTM Striker

I want us to win the Checkatrade trophy like.

gipetto likes this.
  8. Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred Striker

Ultimately that’s what it’s all about though....a massive piss up, a sing song and a few memories.

74,000 there two years ago....and winning a game is a bit of a novelty to us atm.

stephen cartwright likes this.
  9. peterleeblackcat

peterleeblackcat Midfield

Southampton as well.

We should be going building up a winning mentality so that means going for it whatever competition it is

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  10. Pardews greatest achievement at a big club?

11. gipetto

gipetto Striker

12. TopCat

TopCat Striker

Cloughy loved a cup win. Didn't matter what the cup was, it got players in the winning habit. That's good enough for me

gipetto and Lord Alfred like this.
  13. peterleeblackcat

peterleeblackcat Midfield

Aye :lol:

stephen cartwright likes this.
  14. HBSAFC

HBSAFC Central Defender

I'll be the one who supports Sunderland AFC all the time, not just when certain games.

And to get promoted we'll have to do that, so promotion is the most important thing.

Would depend on opposition surely? And hopefully winning being a novelty is a thing of the past

15. BostonCat

BostonCat Full Back

This. In the unlikely event that we actually win the Checkatrade no one is going to treat it like the bloody Champions League. But for fuck’s sake let’s enjoy whatever highs we get.

gipetto likes this.
  16. gipetto

gipetto Striker

:lol: Hopefully your face isn't tripping you up down Wembo and you lighten up between now and then. Enjoy yourself man, life's too short.

17. I personally hope Safc win every game next season, which won't happen but I see nowt wrong in hoping and then attending a final if Safc have achieved the feat of winning their way there.

As I said previously we did it in our last third division season, so why not do it again?

gipetto likes this.
  18. CARLOS CLASS

CARLOS CLASS Striker

Take it - another Covent Garden will do for me

Lord Alfred likes this.
  19. HBSAFC

HBSAFC Central Defender

Sorry but that not true

30 seconds in

Clough says he would gladly go out of all cup competitions if it meant winning the league. That is true for us next season

Don't worry I will enjoy myself, really looking forward to next season

gipetto likes this.
  20. Well he clearly didn't apply that for the two European cup wins and getting to league cup finals and fa cup final, which was his obsession to win, but was not to be.

I think forest got to a zenith data cup final as well, somewhere along the line

TopCat and gipetto like this.