League and cup double?

Lord Alfred

Striker
Aye it’s not a glamorous double but winning the league and a visit to Wembley for the Checkatrade trophy has to be a step up on last season....and surely within our scope . Could set us up for a real crack at promotion the season after too.

The Coventry v Oxford final attracted 74,000 fans and Man City and Spurs will be entering teams next season, joining Chelsea.

Couldn't give a fuck about the EFL trophy, we should just be concentrating on promotion

I'd love us to get to Wembley again next season. I don't care what the competition is.

It's an awful competition, winning it would mean nothing to me

I just want to see us win at Wembley before I die

:lol::lol:

16 year old when I saw it on my first visit (my second was sneaking in the following year to see King Kev stuff the mags)...I also went to my first gig that year...,David Bowie at The Rink in Sunderland and had my first holiday with the lads...Amsterdam which was like a parallel universe to Sunderland in 1973. I knew I’d die happy if that was as good as it got....and to be fair it was.

Doubt it. Why should that matter? I said I wanted a trip to Wembley.

Easy.

We had a trip to Wembley for a proper cup final 4 years ago. If we got to the efl cup final it would be nothing like 4 year ago and a load of part timers would jump on the bandwagon probably.

Would rather our next trip was for a proper cup final and we concentrate solely on promotion next season.

Just imagine, all the years we've taken the p!ss out of the Maggots for never having won anything of note since the 1950's then we start celebrating winning the Checkatrade Trophy we'd only be providing them with ammunition, it's bad enough playing in it never mind suggesting we're going to win it.

Didn't it used to be called the "Paint Brush Tophy" or summat a couple of years back? I think that the winning team used to get their front rooms done out for free. It was all Magnolia though there wasn't a choice of colour.

We had a trip to Wembley for a proper cup final 4 years ago. If we got to the efl cup final it would be nothing like 4 year ago and a load of part timers would jump on the bandwagon probably.

Would rather our next trip was for a proper cup final and we concentrate solely on promotion next season.

Strange comment.

We could go for the double, unsure what the problem is.

The final would be shit. I go every game so would still attend but wouldn't be arsed in the slightest if we go out in the group stages

You can miss it in that case and a fan that's more grateful can go in your place. One less killjoy in our support can only be a good thing.

Back