League 1 transfers

because if he gets 30 goals for them he wont have fans calling him worse than shit every week

the positve pin on it is..we are signing players that are hidden gems identified by data..everyone else is signing the obvious names..under donald we signed a lot of the obvious names to...and that didnt work
Do you really believe that? If it ever happened almost every club in the four divisions would be persuing that policy and all the “hidden gems” will have gone. It’s like believing in brexit, what does it mean. Nowt!

Do you really believe that? If it ever happened almost every club in the four divisions would be persuing that policy and all the “hidden gems” will have gone. It’s like believing in brexit, what does it mean. Nowt!
most clubs dont pursue hidden gems though..may try to sign proven talent because most clubs employ managers that are nescessarily short termist..SAFC for example has not really gone down the hidden gem roue under any ownership for more than a decade..
BUT...the one time that happened was arguably under Mick Mac when he signed relative unknowns like liam lawrence for buttons who went on to do well...what does disrupt the "hidden gems"model is brexit restricting the ability to sign overseas players who may indeed be hidden gems as they arent known about here.

Think its sounding like hes for the u23s
People were counting the likes of Sammut as a first team singing in previous years so I dunno how to classify it
Just going off comments when patterson signed his new deal and he he is going to be in first team squad

Who knows though
Makes no sense to have him sitting on the bench though. He played the Oldham game under Johnson (I think) and was ropey so I’d say he needs more experience. Should try and get him in down at Hartlepool or Carlisle if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back