League 1 Philosophy and managing expectations

L1lyBrown

Striker
Our owners are doing a terrific job of bringing down our fans hopes and dreams.
Recruitment of players is all built around League 1 players whilst our under 23's get hammered every week and the promising youth players are peddled almost without exception.
Now our search for a replacement manager seems to be based on L1 managers.
We are all expected to be forever grateful for them saving the club. Well I wish we had never seen them

Our owners are doing a terrific job of bringing down our fans hopes and dreams.
Recruitment of players is all built around League 1 players whilst our under 23's get hammered every week and the promising youth players are peddled almost without exception.
Now our search for a replacement manager seems to be based on L1 managers.
We are all expected to be forever grateful for them saving the club. Well I wish we had never seen them
It's a great league. A competitive league, and there's some good football. Charlie said so. Our fans need to get realistic.

Has there ever been a football club owner/owners who've been loved by the fans for any length of time.......bar the sovereign wealth funds where money is no object.

I honesty wouldn't mind going back to the yo yo days.

The more we're in this league. The less the stature of the club.

Look at Leeds now. Although they look like getting their act together were a huge club not so long ago.

It's going to get very painful if we don't go up this season.

It will cost the club a lot of money.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a football club owner/owners who've been loved by the fans for any length of time.......bar the sovereign wealth funds where money is no object.

It's an awful lot of hassle for little reward.

I've always said you must be crazy to do so but had I won the euro the other day I would of bought the club.

Our fans would have hated me.

The Liverpool owners and the previous Southampton owners are/were pretty well liked. Neither had big money in relative terms but both achieved by being smarter than the rest. Sadly I don’t see much hope of that from Donald.

It's an awful lot of hassle for little reward.

I've always said you must be crazy to do so but had I won the euro the other day I would of bought the club.

Our fans would have hated me.
I wouldn't have but I may have dipped my toe in financially just to see what goes on then come on here and spill the beans just to be popular with a load of strangers on the internet.

Back