League 1 decision delayed again until next Tuesday now

This is beyond ridiculous now. What will be even more ridiculous are clubs like Wycombe voting to end the season then take their place in the play offs. Void it or play on.

I don’t understand how you can finish the top two divisions but the rest of the pyramid can’t go ahead.

Obviously I know it’s to do with money but surely it’s got to be all or nothing.

This is beyond ridiculous now. What will be even more ridiculous are clubs like Wycombe voting to end the season then take their place in the play offs. Void it or play on.

The inference I get from the quotes from the Wycombe chairman is that they are voting for the lesser of two evils for them. Financially, they'd rather not play the playoffs, due to the expense, but it's a better option for them than having to play a further ten league games with no gate income. To my knowledge, voiding the season isn't an option.

The main problem with voiding the season is that, with league 2 having agreed to go with PPG and having clubs promoted, they have to relegate teams from League 1. I'm sure at least 7 or 8 Championship clubs would be more than happy if there was no promotion from our league and therefore no relegation from theirs.

9th of June.....players out of Contract 31st July, let the time slip leaves no time to complete, no doubt the clubs delaying are the ones who benefit, should have been given a deadline if they don't comply they lose their vote...
EFL are obviously happy for this to drag on....shit hooses....
Players are out of contract on 30th June and clubs have been given until 23rd June to offer new deals/confirm retained list.

The perceived outcome to this farce, is that the completion will be based on a mathematical equation. Clubs are saying that the can't afford to complete the season, whilst others are happy in the knowledge that promotion, play offs or avoiding relegation will work in their favour using this formula.
Allegedly the EFL have over £50 million in funds sitting doing nothing. If this is not a situation that warrants their financial help what does? Surely most supporters would want to the season completed on the playing field and not on a computer.

they cant just void it. championship is restarting and league 2 have voted to finish now havent they? they'll be expecting promotion and relegation to L1.

The perceived outcome to this farce, is that the completion will be based on a mathematical equation. Clubs are saying that the can't afford to complete the season, whilst others are happy in the knowledge that promotion, play offs or avoiding relegation will work in their favour using this formula.
Allegedly the EFL have over £50 million in funds sitting doing nothing. If this is not a situation that warrants their financial help what does? Surely most supporters would want to the season completed on the playing field and not on a computer.
100% this

I think the decision to continue the championship (which has caught a few off guard) has opened u a massive can of worms and now most in L1 will be saying ‘if they can, why can’t we?’
Boro players returned to training on May 25th so will have had 26 days training before their first game on 20th June and their season including play offs has to be finished by 30th July. We, at best, could start training on 10th June, if we could start again by 1st July we'd have to fit in 8 fixtures, Doncaster have 10, then possible play offs - which would have to be arranged quickly - before 30th July, not a chance of this happening. This is apart from the complication of players testing positive for Coronavirus and the consequences that would follow. FTM

1094 players and Club staff from the 24 Championship Clubs were tested over the course of Saturday 30 May, Sunday 31 May, Monday 1 June and Tuesday 2 June with nine individuals testing positive from six Clubs.
No such tests have been undertaken in League1. Given that it only took 4days to carryout these tests and no suggedtion that they are to tske plave in League 1, it just confirms that they have no intention of allowing League 1 to complete the season on the pitch.
What a shambles the EFL have made of this, as an organising body they have failed the club's, players and not least the supporters.

If they cancel the season because clubs supposedly can’t function at this level without the fans, then I fully expect next season to be delayed/cancelled.
Makes zero sense to cancel and then in the same breathe hear clubs talking about next season!

Back