League 1 decision delayed again until next Tuesday now

May be wrong here but I don’t think the EFL is a governing body as such. I’m sure they can’t make decisions on their own - it all has to be done by a vote of all the member clubs. They just can’t impose a solution.

Anyway, when half of us go bust there won’t be 3 EFL leagues left

May be wrong here but I don’t think the EFL is a governing body as such. I’m sure they can’t make decisions on their own - it all has to be done by a vote of all the member clubs. They just can’t impose a solution.

Anyway, when half of us go bust there won’t be 3 EFL leagues left
There are no rules about the season finishing early.
So they are inviting suggestions from clubs on how they should proceed and this is the paperwork they are waiting for.
Should be simple, play on or restart in August.
No other option maintains the 'integrity' of the competition.

Surely now that the Premier League and Championship are returning, the only discussion should be on when League One starts up again?

What's the justification now for the league not resuming?

Surely now that the Premier League and Championship are returning, the only discussion should be on when League One starts up again?

What's the justification now for the league not resuming?
Yep, and if clubs want to cancel, the majority should need to vote for it. Not the majority needing to vote if they want to continue.

Season is over for us man. Start again in August, with a worse squad than we have now. There'll be a mass exodus of players out of contract replaced by freebies from League 2 or lower. Might as well sign players from the Sunday morning league there's some very good players who I see every Sunday who'd love to play for us for next to nowt

Back