Le Mans 66

A truly great story of a legendary feud in motorsport - and it isn't about F1. This will open a lot of peoples eyes to the fact there is a world of motor racing outside of Formula 1 and they too have had 'golden eras'.

Looking forward to it, but it will have to go some to beat the 1970? Steve McQueen version
its worth pointing out that this isnt really about le mans, in the way the steve mcqueen film was. this is about ford, shelby & ken miles in terms of story line.

ps... Frankenheimer's Grand Prix is better than the McQueen film imho...
A truly great story of a legendary feud in motorsport - and it isn't about F1. This will open a lot of peoples eyes to the fact there is a world of motor racing outside of Formula 1 and they too have had 'golden eras'.
like a scratched record you... you should finance a film about the cleland\soper\harvey 92 season & the climatic silverstone conclusion - sure it'll have the drama the silverscreen requires.

Last edited:
its worth pointing out that this isnt really about le mans, in the way the steve mcqueen film was. this is about ford, shelby & ken miles in terms of story line.

ps... Frankenheimer's Grand Prix is better than the McQueen film imho...

like a scratched record you... you should finance a film about the cleland\soper\harvey 92 season & the climatic silverstone conclusion - sure it'll have the drama the silverscreen requires.
No need mate. The commentators on the current BTCC reference that every 5 minutes

There’s a few others I’d like to see too. A biography about Mario Andretti would be good.

I know it won’t be for a long time but Lewis Hamilton’s first season in F1 would make a good story. There must be loads we don’t know that went on in McLaren.

Last edited:
IMDB and Rotton Toms reviews look excellent. Although my dad saw it last night and didn't enjoy it - he's a massive petrol head too, so I'm surprised.

Back