Latest TVs

Laeotaekhun

Striker
There have been a number of threads about these recently including x4 (whatever that is).

Just watched a feature on NHK though about 8x, which is available now in Japan.

That made me think that those wanting the latest technology should hold off for a while.

There have been a number of threads about these recently including x4 (whatever that is).

That made me think that those wanting the latest technology should hold off for a while.

You could say that about any technology these days.

Even the new Samsung 8k which is out in a few weeks here I think is gimped. It’s years away yet 4k content is just appearing now. Those 8 k sets would be like buying a 4k set in like 2014, the tech isn’t mature enough yet, there’s ne content for it etc. Reading up on thos 8k sets it’s strange how they get two 8k I think you need to feed hdmi split over two hdmi inputs and it’s limited to 30 hz.

4k sets are just hitting there stride with hdr maturing and the new hdmi version due to roll out, hdr plus and Dolby vision will improve also. Variable refresh rates and things like gsynch tech for us gamers are the exciting things to hit next. So what I’m saying is get a 4k set if you want as 8k is a decade or more away.

To be fair for the size of screens we have in our living rooms 4k is plenty high enough resolution to not make out individual pixels when sitting on a sofa. So it gets to the point where other aspects become more import, HDR implementation for example. 8k is just an excuse to sell new hardware. I was originally planning on skipping 4k and waiting on 8k since my 1080p tv is fine, I'll probably get a 4k next but there is still nothing wrong with my tv to warranty replacement.

As 4K is still on short supply here that comment is utter turd.

Back