Latest Sky Watchalong - Gone in 60 runs

Sky are doing another Watchalong now of the first day of the Trent Bridge test from the 2015 Ashes with Stuart Broad and Alastair Cook.

What a morning this was! I forgot how much pressure Michael Clarke was under at the time and how it showed in his interviews and his play.

Thought Clarke was a complete prick at the toss. Got asked what he'd have done and just went "well it don't matter does it?"

I mean the bloke was a prick anyway but still.

That catch from Stokes. Sensational

I hate some of the cracking surrounding the pitch in this, like it was a docked wicket or unplayable

it was a normal English pitch, nothing more or less

Joe Root scored a 100 immediately after on the same day and Bairstow nearly did.

Nout wrong with this pitch, we bowled great, caught everything, and the Aussies can't play if its not a road.

Aussies spouted this myth for ages, and some of the English fans and pundits, just the gobsbie ones like Vaughan mind, went along with it

I hate some of the cracking surrounding the pitch in this, like it was a docked wicket or unplayable

it was a normal English pitch, nothing more or less

Joe Root scored a 100 immediately after on the same day and Bairstow nearly did.

Nout wrong with this pitch, we bowled great, caught everything, and the Aussies can't play if its not a road.

Aussies spouted this myth for ages, and some of the English fans and pundits, just the gobsbie ones like Vaughan mind, went along with it

Lower-middle order of Marsh, a horribly out of form Clarke, Voges and Nevill - hardly a surprise they were rolled over easy!

Lower-middle order of Marsh, a horribly out of form Clarke, Voges and Nevill - hardly a surprise they were rolled over easy!
Exactly

Shaun marsh dismissal summed it up

Ball in a decent area, hard hands pushing at ball

cetainposter on here who likes a fag spent best Bart or 2 years saying it was a docked wicket and a meaningless win

Exactly

Shaun marsh dismissal summed it up

Ball in a decent area, hard hands pushing at ball

cetainposter on here who likes a fag spent best Bart or 2 years saying it was a docked wicket and a meaningless win

As we've seen for the last few series over here, the majority of their batsmen don't have the technique or mentality to adapt to the swinging ball. Only Smith who's a freak and Labuschange who has played county cricket made any inroads this summer. In reality, only Smith has consistently scored runs here in the last 20 years, even Warner who has a great test record has barely got a score here.

As we've seen for the last few series over here, the majority of their batsmen don't have the technique or mentality to adapt to the swinging ball. Only Smith who's a freak and Labuschange who has played county cricket made any inroads this summer. In reality, only Smith has consistently scored runs here in the last 20 years, even Warner who has a great test record has barely got a score here.
Last year they were also helped by the Duke having characteristics far more in line with the Kookaburra, i.e. it was shite and didn't swing.

Hussey 09? I’m going purely from memory mind.

Back