Latest News

he won't be on championship wages but I still can't believe we'd quadruple a midfielder's wages when we've got 4 already.

He's in the championship now and the link says he's been offered a new contract which we've quadrupled. The new contract offer won't be league 1 wages. Presumably his current contract wage increased in promotion as well.

I didn’t bite, I explained, you’re right we will get raped, we do it’s what happens when your low down on the food chain so to speak,
Last time we went up from league one we did so with the likes of, Winnall, Hourihane, Mawson, Roberts, Brownhill, Fletcher, Scowen, And such like, all moved on to clubs with bigger wage budgets once we’d developed them into players we couldn’t afford anymore.

Their replacements were, Lindsay, Pinnock, McGeehan, Mowatt, Cavare, Moore, Potts, Bradshaw, And so on,
All players who are attracting attention and being bid for, or who have already been cashed in on in the case of the latter two, it’s what we do we let players leave once we’ve developed them into players too good for our wage structure, but we reinvest and go again.

Our recruitment team, scouts, and coaching staff are top draw.
Let yourself down with your choice of words there I’m afraid.

Having just suffered Look North celebrating the 50th anniversary of any North East team winning anything I look forward to May 5th 2023 when another North East team won something of note which at this rate will never be repeated. A hundredth anniversary will be irrelevant in my case.

I’m not sure whether the laugh is because he’s shit. :lol:

I’m not sure, I’ve seen every game he’s played bar two, and I’m still not sure if he’s any good, we turned a bid down last summer in excess of a million quid, but I wouldn’t pay that for him because I don’t know what I’m getting, start of last season he was poor end of last season he’d improved a lot but I still wasn’t convinced, if he continues to improve he’ll probably be a good in but I’m just not sure, last September I would have told you he’d never make a decent footballer now I’m not so sure.

I’m not sure, I’ve seen every game he’s played bar two, and I’m still not sure if he’s any good, we turned a bid down last summer in excess of a million quid, but I wouldn’t pay that for him because I don’t know what I’m getting, start of last season he was poor end of last season he’d improved a lot but I still wasn’t convinced, if he continues to improve he’ll probably be a good in but I’m just not sure, last September I would have told you he’d never make a decent footballer now I’m not so sure.

To clarify I’m not sure about the lad:lol:

Last edited:
Looking at the players we’ve been linked with .....

- Mario Engels
- Thomas Dahne
- David Turnbull
- Manuel Maranda
- Jason Kerr
- Luke Thomas
- Liam Kelly
- Jamal Blackman
- Lukas Boeder

And our track record of keeping who we want to, and replacing who we let go I’m not worried one bit, our recruitment is top draw at what we are doing.

What do know about those players? I think Barnsley have a recruitment setup we should copy off completely, we ‘should’ be able to put more money into it too

Its one if the only complaints i have about the new regime, our recruitment has been poor because the groundwork hasnt been done properly. Every time SD talks about Coton i get the impression he isnt what we need at all

What do know about those players?

They’ll be young 23yo or younger, probably been playing first team football already, they’ll be strong, pretty quick, comfortable on the ball, have a decent reading of the game, they’ll be grafters with great fitness levels, they’ll been seen as players with the ability to improve and want to improve, they’ll have the right attitude and wear the shirt with pride.

They’ll be young 23yo or younger, probably been playing first team football already, they’ll be strong, pretty quick, comfortable on the ball, have a decent reading of the game, they’ll be grafters with great fitness levels, they’ll been seen as players with the ability to improve and want to improve, they’ll have the right attitude and wear the shirt with pride.

I meant where the play, cost, who they play for etc mate

Back