Latest News

Absolutely awful unfortunately. Totally out of his depth which was surprising as he'd looked decent in the limited games he got for Everton. The side was obviously falling apart but even at the start of the season when we had a few decent results he was shite. I don't think he can actually be as bad as that though, he looked like he'd never played football never mind left back before.

That Leeds game when Alioski (I think) absolutely ripped him apart! Actually felt a bit sorry for him he looked that out of his depth.

iirc he barely got a look in after that.

It's policy to not have goal bonuses rather than we refused this individual demand for one

Yeah I know, and I agree 100% with it.

My point is that if we have policies and procedures in place regarding financial probity that mean we lose out on a few players - the notion that we've approached someone and said 'hey mate drop down a league and we'll quadruple your wages' - is bollocks!

Yeah I know, and I agree 100% with it.

My point is that if we have policies and procedures in place regarding financial probity that mean we lose out on a few players - the notion that we've approached someone and said 'hey mate drop down a league and we'll quadruple your wages' - is bollocks!

Unless he’s on 1800 to 2500 which he probably is. He was a forth division player when we signed him.

Unless he’s on 1800 to 2500 which he probably is. He was a forth division player when we signed him.

Our current wage bill is greater than the final parachute payment we get for this season.
Our wage bill expressed as a percentage of turnover must be significantly higher than the supposed ideal of under 50%.
£10K is a championship wage.
We're desperate to get rid of anyone on that wage or above it.
We're facilitating kids moving to other academies so we can cash in on the compensation.

Yet we're offering four times current wage even though we haven't made a bid let alone had it accepted?

There's a ton of holes in that blokes assumptions, and not a single fact or even a whisper of a bid to back any of it up.

Can't see it mate.

Looking at the players we’ve been linked with .....

- Mario Engels
- Thomas Dahne
- David Turnbull
- Manuel Maranda
- Jason Kerr
- Luke Thomas
- Liam Kelly
- Jamal Blackman
- Lukas Boeder

And our track record of keeping who we want to, and replacing who we let go I’m not worried one bit, our recruitment is top draw at what we are doing.
You’s do, you lot are to good for league one but bloody hopeless in the championship, hopefully changes for you’s this year as more teams doing well the better IMO

Our current wage bill is greater than the final parachute payment we get for this season.
Our wage bill expressed as a percentage of turnover must be significantly higher than the supposed ideal of under 50%.
We're facilitating kids moving to other academies so we can cash in on the compensation.

Yet we're offering four times current wage even though we haven't made a bid let alone had it accepted?

There's a ton of holes in that blokes assumptions, and not a single fact or even a whisper of a bid to back any of it up.

Can't see it mate.
So you are believing some bell on Twitter from Barnsley that we are offering 4 times the current wage to take him up to £10K?

You’s do, you lot are to good for league one but bloody hopeless in the championship, hopefully changes for you’s this year as more teams doing well the better IMO

Last time we were promoted from league one we were 7th in the championship in December by the 31st of January we’d sold 4 or 5 players and finished mid table, we’re too good for our own good at developing players we develop them to a standard we can no longer afford, and have to cash in to go again.

Can't see it mate.
we arent facilitating kids moving elsewhere to get money in-the players want to leave-then stewart demands they request it in wring..then he touts them around to get as much cash as possible..

we arent desperate to fet rid of people on high wages-thats why we havent done it really...

haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has went beyond the first page rumours but I can't believe we'd be spending £1million on a midfielder and increasing his wages fourfold unless we're selling Power, Cattermole, Leadbitter or McGeouch.

haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has went beyond the first page rumours but I can't believe we'd be spending £1million on a midfielder and increasing his wages fourfold unless we're selling Power, Cattermole, Leadbitter or McGeouch.

There absolutely nee chance we will be offering to quadruple any players championship wage imo.

Back