Latest Images from RTG SMB Flickr Group - Roseberry Topping Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTG

Paul_Nelson has added a photo to the pool:

Logon or register to see this image

A beautiful evening at Roseberry Topping - my favourite visit yet.

This is 14 portrait shots merged together in Photoshop to create this panoramic. That's more shots than I technically needed, however I wanted to use the centre of each shot where my lens is at its sharpest.

Lee filters;
0.9 NDHG
Sunset 2

www.paulnelsonphotography.co.uk

www.facebook.com/PaulNelsonPhotography

twitter.com/nelsons_column

I welcome constructive feedback but prefer no banners / awards, thanks.

Do you have a NASA super computer to process that!?
A lot of patience!

Generally I save some really small jpegs and do the stitch in PS to see how it looks etc.... Then just set the export away from Lightroom using the raw export into TIFFs and wait it out. Takes about 15 minutes for something like this one. It's a Mac. My last computer would have exploded just thinking about it.

Does PS use the graphics card GPU to stitch and blend like PTGui does?

I know some of the gigapixels I do used to take hours, but using the GPU they are literally done in seconds and that is typically stitching/blending over 100 photos.
Of course things are never perfect and you need several iterations to get rid of moving object etc but 5 * 30 seconds is a lot quicker than 5 * 2 hours!

I don't even bother with the batch (background) stitcher these days.

Does PS use the graphics card GPU to stitch and blend like PTGui does?

I know some of the gigapixels I do used to take hours, but using the GPU they are literally done in seconds and that is typically stitching/blending over 100 photos.
Of course things are never perfect and you need several iterations to get rid of moving object etc but 5 * 30 seconds is a lot quicker than 5 * 2 hours!

I don't even bother with the batch (background) stitcher these days.
I've genuinely no idea but going off your description, I'd guess not :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back