Latest boxing crack

To clarify, @JOSHPBK did NOT come in overweight. More than Two weeks prior I agreed with the promoter the weight of 157lbs for Josh. The opponent wast told then about the weight. He continually refused to agree yet still weighed in having known the entire time.

Adam Booth’s tweet on last night ! Booth is one bloke i cant figure out like

To clarify, @JOSHPBK did NOT come in overweight. More than Two weeks prior I agreed with the promoter the weight of 157lbs for Josh. The opponent wast told then about the weight. He continually refused to agree yet still weighed in having known the entire time.

Adam Booth’s tweet on last night ! Booth is one bloke i cant figure out like

I'm confused as to who's actually missed weight? :lol:

My previous post was meant to say 'notice' not 'numbers' also.

I'm confused as to who's actually missed weight? :lol:

My previous post was meant to say 'notice' not 'numbers' also.
Looks like it was Kelly. It was supposed to be a super welterweight fight which I believe is 154lbs maximum. But according to booth's tweet 157lbs was agreed a couple of weeks prior.
The promoter and Kelly were interviewed after the main event last night and the promoter said at the weigh in Kelly was 1.2 kilos over super welterweight which is about 3lbs so probably around the agreed 157lbs, then the other bloke spat his dummy out and refused to fight. Strange.

Looks like it was Kelly. It was supposed to be a super welterweight fight which I believe is 154lbs maximum. But according to booth's tweet 157lbs was agreed a couple of weeks prior.
The promoter and Kelly were interviewed after the main event last night and the promoter said at the weigh in Kelly was 1.2 kilos over super welterweight which is about 3lbs so probably around the agreed 157lbs, then the other bloke spat his dummy out and refused to fight. Strange.

Bit of a joke all-round and unprofessional

Hmm. What is Kelly playing at moving up in weight then still wanting it at catch-weight? Lad seems to be wasting his talent.

Sounds to me like they wanted to fight at LMW and mid way through camp they knew they weren't gonna make weight so changed it to 157, only the opponent wasn't having it and said stuff it.

Considering he hasn't fought for a year which was at WW Kelly really shouldn't be getting that out of shape he can't make 154.

At 28 he doesn't really have the time to be messing about anymore. He had a great chance to make a very good career off it after the Olympics but it seems like he has been mishandled in every possible way. Maybes some of this is down to himself as well.

I don't think Booth is a good fit for him and tbh is one of the most overrated trainers out there. He could probably do with moving to a gym where they ain't gonna let him be a poor Roy Jones impersonator and make him work his arse off. He could still do something in the sport but he really needs to get things in order fast.

Back