Latest boxing crack

The build up will be cringeworthy but once the sky marketing machine gets behind into full flow it will do good PPV numbers. Type of fight the casuals will lap up

I'm not so sure. Think it will disappoint figures wise. Hasn't been very well received at all. Not so much because it's a shit fight (both are washed, but it's still an interesting watch imo), but because it's such an obvious pre-retirement fleecing of the fans.
I liked Kahn when he could back it up. I don't think he can anymore, and so this is all just embarassing.

Proper. He's had what, two decent win in 7/8 years and last world class win over 10 years back?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua's stuck in a weird place because the likelihood is he gets beaten of both Usyk and Fury so he needs to find a path that best navigates him to the biggest fights without looking like he is ducking anyone.

Personally wouldn't be bothered if he stepped aside from the Usyk rematch, think it'd be smart as I think another loss to Usyk and he's on the outside looking in for a while (he'll still draw but would be THE draw).

He can let them two fight, have a tune up and then fight the winner. Even if he loses that the winner likely starts dripping belts and he has options for biggish fights again.

Joshua's stuck in a weird place because the likelihood is he gets beaten of both Usyk and Fury so he needs to find a path that best navigates him to the biggest fights without looking like he is ducking anyone.
Personally wouldn't be bothered if he stepped aside from the Usyk rematch, think it'd be smart as I think another loss to Usyk and he's on the outside looking in for a while (he'll still draw but would be THE draw).
He can let them two fight, have a tune up and then fight the winner. Even if he loses that the winner likely starts dripping belts and he has options for biggish fights again.
It would take a huge decision in his own mind to step back and decide to come again via a different route, rather than take the rematch. Without the rematch victory, he loses 75% of his PPV draw imo.

I'm not so sure. Think it will disappoint figures wise. Hasn't been very well received at all. Not so much because it's a shit fight (both are washed, but it's still an interesting watch imo), but because it's such an obvious pre-retirement fleecing of the fans.

Proper. He's had what, two decent win in 7/8 years and last world class win over 10 years back?
he’s fighting kell brook not sugar Ray Leonard marra. It’s all relative and the same applies for kell.

Can fighters not have beef and create a bit of interest bbecaue they aren’t at their peak anymore?
Don’t see what the problem is. Can’t think of ‘many’ bigger domestic fights outside heavyweight that would draw as bigger interest.

hope they both get a shit load of money as they’ve certainly entertained me for donkeys years. Especially Khan home and away.
I liked Kahn when he could back it up. I don't think he can anymore, and so this is all just embarassing.
Embarrassing. Mate they aren’t two drunk lads on the cobbles giving it the b’un.

what’s embarrassing is the like John fury last week. Now that’s embarrassing.

These lads don’t get on, Khan isn’t going to sit their and go ‘I am going to get chinned’ let’s not bother and you know what he believes it IMO. You know how the game works marra 😎😀

Last edited:
he’s fighting kell brook not sugar Ray Leonard marra. It’s all relative and the same applies for kell.

Can fighters not have beef and create a bit of interest bbecaue they aren’t at their peak anymore?
Don’t see what the problem is. Can’t think of ‘many’ bigger domestic fights outside heavyweight that would draw as bigger interest.

hope they both get a shit load of money as they’ve certainly entertained me for donkeys years. Especially Khan home and away.

Embarrassing. Mate they aren’t two drunk lads on the cobbles giving it the b’un.

These lads don’t get on, Khan isn’t going to sit their and go ‘I am going to get chinned’ let’s not bother and you know what he believes it IMO. You know how the game works marra 😎😀

I don't even know how half of that is relevant to what I said mate? I just said it largely has been seen for what it is by fans from what I've seen, an interesting watch that is years too late and only coming as a last pay day for each.

I agreed with it being a bit embarrassing because if the 'beef' was so bad on Khan's end, he could've fought Brook at a point where it was more of a relevant fight to the overall division.

Would have been a far more interesting fight in 2014 when they were both still really good. That is undeniable.

Would have been a far more interesting fight in 2014 when they were both still really good. That is undeniable.
Obviously Ciro. Obviously. It’s 2021 Move on , it’s boxing and sadly it happens. Just enjoy it for what it is I say.

all Those getting grumpy about it will be watching the fucker on the
Night and posting like fuck on here in the night. Guarantee it. 😎

I don't even know how half of that is relevant to what I said mate? I just said it largely has been seen for what it is by fans from what I've seen, an interesting watch that is years too late and only coming as a last pay day for each.

I agreed with it being a bit embarrassing because if the 'beef' was so bad on Khan's end, he could've fought Brook at a point where it was more of a relevant fight to the overall division.
Had he wanted it Khan could have fought Brook for for Brooks World title. Didn't fancy it at the time.
Obviously Ciro. Obviously. It’s 2021 Move on , it’s boxing and sadly it happens. Just enjoy it for what it is I say.

In not grumpy about it but it was a wasted opportunity back then. I'll watch it but I won't be paying for the kernt..

Seemingly boxers and promoters will never learn from past mistakes.

Last edited:
Had he wanted it Khan could have fought Brook for for Brooks World title. Didn't fancy it at the time.

Khan hasn't been scared to get in with the best, I would never take that away from him. The one fight he didn't want, as he was more interested in chasing Mayweather money, was Brook. Not because he's scared of Brook or out, rather just knew it was a tough fight he could well lose that would make it harder to get a Mayweather fight. Turns out it was a bit pointless and he just fought Canelo instead.

You're the only one that seems grumpy mate :lol:

Sorry, Didn’t realise I couldn’t add additional point to a post like Titus man. 😀

to be specific to your post. . Kell brook has not beat a ‘ world class’ fighter for 7/8 year and barely has a decent win since at top level, You only mentioned Khan. Both in the same
Boat so unfair just to Point out Kahn’s record.
just giving balance.

Khan hasn't been scared to get in with the best, I would never take that away from him. The one fight he didn't want, as he was more interested in chasing Mayweather money, was Brook. Not because he's scared of Brook or out, rather just knew it was a tough fight he could well lose that would make it harder to get a Mayweather fight. Turns out it was a bit pointless and he just fought Canelo instead.

Aye. Not suggesting he was scared or anything but thought there were better opportunities elsewhere which didn't materialise and he has wasted significant portions of his career. Brook has as well like.

Nope. Always like to defend where I see it. You lads just isn’t like it ya grumpy twats. 😉

Sorry, Didn’t realise I couldn’t add additional point to a post like Titus man. 😀

to be specific to your post. . Kell brook has not beat a ‘ world class’ fighter for 7/8 year and barely has a decent win since at top level, You only mentioned Khan. Both in the same
Boat so unfair just to Point out Kahn’s record.
just giving balance.

Aye mate, the context being Khan saying he would be "coming down a level to fight Brook".

Aye. Not suggesting he was scared or anything but thought there were better opportunities elsewhere which didn't materialise and he has wasted significant portions of his career. Brook has as well like.
To be fair have you seen the resume of the fighters they have fought like ?
Haway like.
Aye mate, the context being Khan saying he would be "coming down a level to fight Brook".
Well he is. At least 6 levels.
f***ing hell lads, picking and analysing a press conference comment verbatim to drum up interest.

this is more grumpy than east side boxing man. Although not as grumpy as boxing scene 😎

Last edited:
Well he is. At least 6 levels.
f***ing hell lads, picking and analysing a press conference comment verbatim to drum up interest.

this is more grumpy than east side boxing man. Although not as grumpy as boxing scene 😎

You're the only one doing anything you're claiming anyone is doing :lol:

People watched the press conference and have opinions you don't agree with, nowt too serious. Seems to have agitated you a bit like :lol:

Pure @Toronado AJ-esque

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair have you seen the resume of the fighters they have fought like ?
Haway like.
Aye of course I have. Both have fought some quality opposition and both have fought some utter shite. Brook should have kicked on after Porter but fucked about for 2 year then fought Golovkin.

Since loosing to Canelo Khan has fought 4 times in 5 years. They've both made bad career decisions.

People watched the press conference and have opinions you don't agree with, nowt too serious. Seems to have agitated you a bit like :lol:

Pure @Toronado AJ-esque
now come on Titus. You’ll be loving it come the night. I’ll be watching you. 👀👀👀👀

You lads Know how the game works, acting like it’s new And your surprised. Haway man.
Aye of course I have. Both have fought some quality opposition and both have fought some utter shite. Brook should have kicked on after Porter but fucked about for 2 year then fought Golovkin.

Since loosing to Canelo Khan has fought 4 times in 5 years. They've both made bad career decisions.
Aye, to be fair at times they have.
However Khan has made An incredible amount of money. Not many British boxer have made
More and kell’s kids and kids will not want for Much.

I’m not a fan of brook at all like, but on balance hard to knock either fighter IMO like.

Last edited:
now come on Titus. You’ll be loving it come the night. I’ll be watching you. 👀👀👀👀

You lads Know how the game works, acting like it’s new And your surprised. Haway man.

I know, I said it was an interesting fight and that I'd be watching.

Nobody is acting like anything is new. Whether you like it or not people will laugh at the delusion both will show in promoting it like it's happening years ago, even if they're still going to watch it or think it's a decent fight

Pure @Toronado AJ-esque
Edit was a bit too late Titus. Poor effort that like. 😂 In fact it wasn’t you cheeky bastard. 😡😂. Nee need for that like
I know, I said it was an interesting fight and that I'd be watching.

Nobody is acting like anything is new. Whether you like it or not people will laugh at the delusion both will show in promoting it like it's happening years ago, even if they're still going to watch it or think it's a decent fight
Aye. I don’t have to like it and can give balance marra, obviously in my view.

It’s all just a debate. What the forums for. And better than the trade sites to be fair like. they are awful

Last edited:

Back