Latest boxing crack

Chisora v Parker reminds me
Off the 80’s merry go round of mediocre champions like, Pinklon thomas, tubbs, page etc etc.
Btw a few of those 80’s lads were
Very decent. But it was dull until Mike came Along.

Aye I can Remember and no im that old ffs

Time for Chisora to think about his health imo......he's not getting any better at 37.
He's already showing signs of being a bit punchy imo...

True. He already did that at LHW didn't he? Then dropped that belt afterwards.

All part of the "Legacy" stuff isn't it?

Yeah. I see it as a bit fake though. I mean it's an achievement to fight across so many divisions in such a short time, but for me a world title isn't going to add anything to a fighters legacy that fighting that same guy without the belt would give. For the "X division world champion" to carry proper weight, it needs to be THE champ, or one of the top guys you're beating, otherwise it's just record padding (regardless of how impressive the weight jump itself is)

Maybe he can fight Guillermo Jones at heavyweight. The heavyweight clash of two former welterweights :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more a case of chasing the easiest (term used lightly given the considerable weight jump) belt at another weight class imo. It's entertaining, but I'm not a big fan of seeing people pick up world titles in a division when they likely won't chase the best at that division
If, and is a big if, he wins he may jump back down to LHW and take those really dangerous fights just like he's done in SM after his Kovalev adventure

If, and is a big if, he wins he may jump back down to LHW and take those really dangerous fights just like he's done in SM after his Kovalev adventure

He better. He doesn't want Usyk being tempted by the mega money

Aye it's a bit of a mix for me as well.

I don't blame him regarding the AJ situation considering what he offered, but in that time he's lost pretty brutally (albeit avenged the loss) and beat Rivas after being popped and failing to disclose it to Rivas in that time :lol:. He should've had his shot by now mind, but I don't think there's a big conspiracy against Whyte, although that might change if they don't force the Fury fight.
That's kind of my take on it too.

Don't blame him for turning down AJ - he is (allegedly) supposed to be an A-side PPV headliner in his own right but had the deck stacked against him by his own promoter whilst still mandatory for Wilder's WBC.

But he must have known it was a gamble when Wilder and Fury had just fought to the controversial draw and would surely rematch, meaning he'd have to keep busy and wait his turn. And it backfired as he ultimately lost a 'final eliminator'.

He deserves a shot but its more 'unlucky, you took a risk and it hasn't paid off' than a conspiracy against him.

I hope it does happen though. I know boxing doesn't work like this, but in my head I want to see the top 5/6 all face each other over the next few years before they bow out. In reality we'll get Usyk vs Helenius and Fury vs some other shite like Kabayel.

Good test for Crawford!
Aye. Best he’s had in donkeys years. Porter is mustard when he’s up for it and he will be tonight. Hard as nails, brave, great chin, relentless, stamina underpinned by skills ( and not completely past it like brook and Khan in recent defeats to Crawford)

I’d actually say
Possibly Crawford best opponent since winning lightweight title 8 year ago.

Aye. Best he’s had in donkeys years. Porter is mustard when he’s up for it and he will be tonight. Hard as nails, brave, great chin, relentless, stamina underpinned by skills ( and not completely past it like brook and Khan in recent defeats to Crawford)

I’d actually say
Crawford by points. Can’t see him knocking Porter out. Hopefully wake up for it

I’d actually say
Annoying how few big fights Crawford has had like. This is a good fight.

Back