Latest boxing crack

Worth putting WBA came out overnight tonight and said they want their division unified also, which is Robert Helenius, he's not a credible threat but it just means it's going to be a long term before a unification fight happens.
WBA regular title though? Usys is their "real" champ, isn't he? Also, don't the WBA have some crazy "other" title that some bloke had, retired for 5 years and still holds it :lol:

I mean, I could google it, but where's the fun in that?
Just seen that the WBC have announced Bridgerweight, which is for the gap from Crusier to Heavy.
It’s a good idea, we are massively short of titles
Been mooted for months now. Absolutely daft. Cruiserweight is already the worst weight class as everyone just sees it as a stepping stone for people to bulk up and jump into HW.
Now it'll be even more that way.

Whether Whyte has a legit injury or not is just speculation. Let's say he's pulled to secure the Fury fight though, I wouldn't blame him, any boxer would do the same, it makes perfect sense to do so.

Whyte gets some high praise though. The route he has went should be the norm for any boxer to secure a title shot really, the fact people think he's gone through murderers row shows how safe boxers play these days.

He's fought competitive match ups on his way through and has been rewarded for that with massive PPVs.

He's nearly blew it several times though, refused number 1 contender fights, turned down a Joshua fight for the unified title and been KOd of Povetkin. He's probably clicked with all that he doesn't need another roadblock like Wallin and fair enough. Take your shot whilst it's there.

Gan to bed will ya. AJ has fought Carlos Takam and Charles Martin and you're having the nerve to compare CV's.. 2 fighters who are so irrelevant and obscure to the scene they've fought 1 top 20 fighter since between the pair of em and got nacked.

I might have to fly owa at some point I'd fancy me chances against Charles Martin he's that shit.
Haway man you got a bit if Dillian fan boy about you or what ?!?

assessing a persons resume doesnt have to mean comparing it to someone else's does it ?!?

but if you want to can you really compare Martin and Takam who were both either champions or title challengers to Dave Allen ( who took Whyte like 7/8 rounds ) Tann, Lewison, Helenius and Browne really ?!?

Haway man you got a bit if Dillian fan boy about you or what ?!?

assessing a persons resume doesnt have to mean comparing it to someone else's does it ?!?

but if you want to can you really compare Martin and Takam who were both either champions or title challengers to Dave Allen ( who took Whyte like 7/8 rounds ) Tann, Lewison, Helenius and Browne really ?!?
Only Helenius in that list looks a decent win for Whyte now.

Whether Whyte has a legit injury or not is just speculation. Let's say he's pulled to secure the Fury fight though, I wouldn't blame him, any boxer would do the same, it makes perfect sense to do so.

Whyte gets some high praise though. The route he has went should be the norm for any boxer to secure a title shot really, the fact people think he's gone through murderers row shows how safe boxers play these days.

He's fought competitive match ups on his way through and has been rewarded for that with massive PPVs.

He's nearly blew it several times though, refused number 1 contender fights, turned down a Joshua fight for the unified title and been KOd of Povetkin. He's probably clicked with all that he doesn't need another roadblock like Wallin and fair enough. Take your shot whilst it's there.
Wee thinks he’s went Through murderers row?
Not sure anyone thinks that like, Shirley?

decent and solid resume for the time we are in, although tends to get splattered at the higher level.

He’s canny in a very poor era. I’ll give him that.

Aye, He’d have been an idiot to fight wallin, his injury has coincidently landed at the right time.

Wee thinks he’s went Through murderers row?
Not sure anyone thinks that like, Shirley?

decent and solid resume for the time we are in, although tends to get splattered at the higher level.

He’s canny in a very poor era. I’ll give him that.

Aye, He’d have been an idiot to fight wallin, his injury has coincidently landed at the right time.

nail on head..........the fact Whyte scrapes into the top 5 current heavyweights shows how poor this era is....

nail on head..........the fact Whyte scrapes into the top 5 current heavyweights shows how poor this era is....
End of the Klitschkos has left a pretty fallow division, which Fury and AJ looked to resolve but for their different reasons has left it even more fragmented. Can only hope Fury keeps on fighting and builds a new legacy as a leading heavyweight. Whyte, Usyk and AJ is probably the best he can do, so could do with somebody else to come through!

If people think this is a poor era they gonna get a shock when the next era comes through
That's what they said about Wlads era though I do think this era is better than his even if only slightly.

Most heavyweight eras are stacked though. Take away the 60s/70s and 90s and there isn't really any really stacked divisions in the history.

If people think this is a poor era they gonna get a shock when the next era comes through
This.
I don't think its a bad era at all.
Fury might be one of the best ever - although I dont think he'll have enough names on his CV to ever prove it
AJ was perfectly decent, and has time to come again
Wilder turns out to be better than we all gave credit for to be fair
Klitchko himself was part of the era, just about
Usyk bursting onto the HW scene

Then you have the fringe players like Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Pulev, maybe even Joyce in a year or 2 if he actually fights someone decent

Its not been horrible. Some of the fringe names in Lennox's era were no better. Likes of Rahman, Tua etc

This.
I don't think its a bad era at all.
Fury might be one of the best ever - although I dont think he'll have enough names on his CV to ever prove it
AJ was perfectly decent, and has time to come again
Wilder turns out to be better than we all gave credit for to be fair
Klitchko himself was part of the era, just about
Usyk bursting onto the HW scene

Then you have the fringe players like Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Pulev, maybe even Joyce in a year or 2 if he actually fights someone decent

Its not been horrible. Some of the fringe names in Lennox's era were no better. Likes of Rahman, Tua etc

The Lewis era was far better imo.......loads more depth to it....

The Lewis era was far better imo.......loads more depth to it....
Let's take Lennox's oppenents in his last run as champion

Vitali Klitschko - Obviously excellent
Mike Tyson - Hugely past it - his best wasn't in Lennox's era at all imo
Hasim Rahman - Meh
David Tua - Meh
Frans Botha - Meh
Michael Grant - Average
Evander Holyfield - Great
Zeljko Mavrovic - Who?
Shannon Briggs - Never top level, but decent
Andrew Golota - Meh
Henry Akinwande - Meh
Oliver McCall - Decent

That's 12 fights, 2 top level and 2 good fighters in the list. The rest are nowt flash.

Lights blue touch paper and steps back :lol:

Let's take Lennox's oppenents in his last run as champion

Vitali Klitschko - Obviously excellent
Mike Tyson - Hugely past it - his best wasn't in Lennox's era at all imo
Hasim Rahman - Meh
David Tua - Meh
Frans Botha - Meh
Michael Grant - Average
Evander Holyfield - Great
Zeljko Mavrovic - Who?
Shannon Briggs - Never top level, but decent
Andrew Golota - Meh
Henry Akinwande - Meh
Oliver McCall - Decent

That's 12 fights, 2 top level and 2 good fighters in the list. The rest are nowt flash.

Lights blue touch paper and steps back :lol:
He also fought Ruddock, Mercer, Morrison, Bruno, Tucker, Mason, Biggs, Weaver before that though. The 90s scene was just a really long era that crossed over a bit from the last similar to Ali's era did.

That's generally when you get the best eras tbf.

Golota was a good fighter, smashed Bowe to bits twice but was a mdhead and got himself DQed through stupidity. People were talking the Lewis Golota fight up huge but Lewis smashed him in a round and Golota lost a lot of his credibility between that and the Tyson destruction.

Rahman was a solid fighter who usually fell short, he's on par with your Whytes and Pulevs etc for me and Tua was as good as them at his best as well, granite jaw and ridiculous power, had amazing fights with Ike, Rahman, Maskaev and destroyed Moorer and Ruiz.

I'd knock Grant down to worst on that list and bump everyone above him bar Mavrovic for sure.

He also fought Ruddock, Mercer, Morrison, Bruno, Tucker, Mason, Biggs, Weaver before that though. The 90s scene was just a really long era that crossed over a bit from the last similar to Ali's era did.

That's generally when you get the best eras tbf.

Golota was a good fighter, smashed Bowe to bits twice but was a mdhead and got himself DQed through stupidity. People were talking the Lewis Golota fight up huge but Lewis smashed him in a round and Golota lost a lot of his credibility between that and the Tyson destruction.

Rahman was a solid fighter who usually fell short, he's on par with your Whytes and Pulevs etc for me and Tua was as good as them at his best as well, granite jaw and ridiculous power, had amazing fights with Ike, Rahman, Maskaev and destroyed Moorer and Ruiz.

I'd knock Grant down to worst on that list and bump everyone above him bar Mavrovic for sure.

Its not just about who Lewis boxed....its the whole era. Top 10/20 from that vintage is streets ahead of this one.

I think this is the worst era in Boxing history. Let's not forget when the era started Charles Martin was a title holder, and the depth is extremely poor, outside the top 4 everyone is obscure and irrelevant to the sport - For example Tom Schwarz was #7 when he was handpicked by Fury.

But you're probably right on the next era, there's little prospects coming through.. They're okay but not like worth talking about.

I think this is the worst era in Boxing history. Let's not forget when the era started Charles Martin was a title holder, and the depth is extremely poor, outside the top 4 everyone is obscure and irrelevant to the sport - For example Tom Schwarz was #7 when he was handpicked by Fury.

But you're probably right on the next era, there's little prospects coming through.. They're okay but not like worth talking about.
Can’t wait for the boxxer ppvs

My son has got into his boxing at the age of 12 like way it’s going he will be on the bill 😂

Joseph Parkers spent 277 weeks in the ring magazine top 10.....tells you everything.

Fury going off the rails fucked the belts up tho.
I think it been a decent era if I’m honest, Titles haven’t all been hogged by one person like Klitschko era. Joshua, Usyk and Ruiz all had a hold of them in last few year and obviously the Wilder Fury trilogy was a good battle for the WBC looking back now

Back