Latest boxing crack

To me, for no real reason, I always value them in order as; Ring magazine, WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF. No idea why, just how I view them.

So basically you just mean an undisputed champion in a lot more words?
Breidis defo doesn’t have to prove himself against Okolie
WBA and WBC are easily the worst of the sanctioning bodies. They get more credit just because they were established first.

Well just the man, don't have to be undisputed. Would say Calzaghe and Wlad were but weren't undisputed int heir careers.

Canelo has had three fights at SMW in a week era. I'd like him to clean it out to be hailed as the man. Fielding was like British level and Saunders had two fights at the weight against poor opposition. Smith should have lost to Ryder a year prior to Canelo fight as well so he's not been able to cap himself against an established champion. Plant pretty .uch cleans up the division though so that will do for me. You have Benevidez as well but he can get fucked after being banned for coke and then missing the weight, I doubt he fights at 168 again and wouldn't be surprised if he follows his brother into obscurity via bother outside the ring.

Breidis got an absolute gift against Gevor, his win over Dorticos was very good but what else has he done, beat Glowacki with an illegal punch after the bell? Huck and Perez Hilton ins were decent enough but years ago. I do t think he's really standing out as the out and out best in the division. I fancy Okolie to beat him tbh.

WBA and WBC are easily the worst of the sanctioning bodies. They get more credit just because they were established first.

Well just the man, don't have to be undisputed. Would say Calzaghe and Wlad were but weren't undisputed int heir careers.

Canelo has had three fights at SMW in a week era. I'd like him to clean it out to be hailed as the man. Fielding was like British level and Saunders had two fights at the weight against poor opposition. Smith should have lost to Ryder a year prior to Canelo fight as well so he's not been able to cap himself against an established champion. Plant pretty .uch cleans up the division though so that will do for me. You have Benevidez as well but he can get fucked after being banned for coke and then missing the weight, I doubt he fights at 168 again and wouldn't be surprised if he follows his brother into obscurity via bother outside the ring.

Breidis got an absolute gift against Gevor, his win over Dorticos was very good but what else has he done, beat Glowacki with an illegal punch after the bell? Huck and Perez Hilton ins were decent enough but years ago. I do t think he's really standing out as the out and out best in the division. I fancy Okolie to beat him tbh.
I presume you give Usyk at cruiserweight proper champ status?

Just opinions marra. Could go on all day.

if you are saying they have to be undisputed
To be the champion then good luck. We’ll have a handful every ten year. There are some incredible fighters over the last 30 years you can claim weren’t champions in that premise. It just gets daft And unrealistic and not the fighters fault a lot of the time.
Ill Continue to have my personal view and Canelo and the ones I mentioned are the champions.
As I say, if the pack is tight I just class it as a division without a true champion. Just a group of beltholders.

You dont have to be undisputed but do have to stand yourself out as the best. As I say Wlad and Calzaghe good examples of this where it was clear they were the best over a period of time.

I'm not classing Andrade as the same level of champion as Robinson, Greb or Hagler because he won the IBF. Maybes it's harsh but boxing has made itself that way. I'd prefer to recognise champions spuriously than just let any half decent boxer make a claim via an ABC title.
I presume you give Usyk at cruiserweight proper champ status?
That I did, he cleared out the division , fought his number two and fully unified. He ticks every box.

Often wondered if there was something that could be done to make the 4 big governing bodies work together.

Have an undisputed title that's held above the other titles so

WBC Undisputed world champion

WBA
WBO
IBF world champions

WBC world champion (can't fight for undisputed title)

Undisputed champion has to defend against one of the world's with whoever the loser is dropping their belt. If the WBC Undisputed champion loses it becomes the WBA undisputed champion etc.

Pie in the sky talk because governing bodies would have to work together but would make for big fights.

They have it already.. It's called the Ring Belt but it's an unofficial belt, The Ring is considered the most prestigious similar to something like being #1 charts on MTV in the 90's or something like that. But The Ring Mag has held tradition over the years.

Question. If a weight division has a unified champion, is the only way for it to become un-unified when the champion retires? Only other situation I can see this happening is if the champ only fights for 1 or 2 of the belts, but I can’t see why/how they’d agree to this?

a lot of the replies are just assuming he didn’t wanna risk the fury fight and that ticket sales have bombed also, not sure it’s in his nature but wouldn’t be surprised

Shame, but there's absolutely no need to be fighting with an injury here. So makes sense to call it off if he's not 100%.
Question. If a weight division has a unified champion, is the only way for it to become un-unified when the champion retires? Only other situation I can see this happening is if the champ only fights for 1 or 2 of the belts, but I can’t see why/how they’d agree to this?
"unified" doesn't actuall mean anything.
Each ABC belt company can force them to fight whoever they say, and that fight can be only for that one belt, or more. Its all made up as they go along.
Often, a fighter will give up a belt as the fight he's being forced into isn't interesting, and he has better options.

Last edited:
Shame, but there's absolutely no need to be fighting with an injury here. So makes sense to call it off if he's not 100%.

"unified" doesn't actuall mean anything.
Each ABC belt company can force them to fight whoever they say, and that fight can be only for that one belt, or more. Its all made up as they go along.
Often, a fighter will give up a belt as the fight he's being forced into isn't interesting, and he has better options.
So if a boxer is being told to fight one boxer by WBC and another by IBF, what happens? Does it go to some sort of arbitration or just as you say, he has to give up a belt? The latter doesn’t feel fair.

So if a boxer is being told to fight one boxer by WBC and another by IBF, what happens? Does it go to some sort of arbitration or just as you say, he has to give up a belt? The latter doesn’t feel fair.
In practice, they do seem to allow a small amount of deference to eachother, but they all have their mandatories, and they all enforce them to differing levels.
IIRC, the IBF will pull a mandatory immediately after someone wins the belt, especially if they were allowed a rematch. Whereas the WBC don't seem to give a fuck as long as everyone keeps paying them, they'll just create a Silver title, or a Super belt or whatever.

But basically, they are separate companies, and they can do owt they want.

Fury is a good example of this. Beat Wlad to win WBA, WBO and IBF but was contracted to give Wlad a rematch. The IBF stripped him 10 days later because they wanted him to face someone else but he'd be breaching his contract if he did. That was one of the things that tipped him over the edge and caused the breakdown.

Controversial comment incoming, but after all the nasty things he's said, and then when he walked over after the fight - did anyone actually watch the video? He wasn't all humble and offering his hand, he was still "I fooking knocked ya out fair and square, do you respect me now ya dosser".

Not surprised Wilder told him to get fucked
Erm wilder was talking about body's in the ring / on the line man :neutral: :lol:

Is it too optimistic to think we go straight to Fury vs Whyte next April then undisputed late summer? Whyte vs Wallin was another potential banana skin with the rematch clause for no reward.

From whats being said Fury according to WBC rules Fury had 30 days to try and arrange an undisputed fight with Usyk ( obviously tough due to his rematch ) so therefore he has to fight and defend against the interim title holder who is Whyte !

so yeah Whyte pulls out and you’ll hear nothing of a shoulder injury in the lead upto a Fury Whyte fight early next year !

Not sure what deal whyte has with hearn as am sure before hearn said he had a payed per fight deal with dillian iirc. Not sure if that means he can ditch dazn etc and easily make the fury fight.

Back