Latest boxing crack

I see the Joshua fight is £25. Didn't take long for the "exception" of £25 to be made standard for a Joshua fight.

Think it's a bit of a liberty given the year we've had & fact people can't watch it in groups as they usually do. I understand they want to pay Joshua but surely the standard £20 (i'd have gone £15 personally given the circumstances) would have been sufficient.

They're only doing it at all IMO to facilitate the Fury fight next year. No chance that goes ahead without a full stadium in the summer (God that would be f***ing amazing after this year)

I see the Joshua fight is £25. Didn't take long for the "exception" of £25 to be made standard for a Joshua fight.

Think it's a bit of a liberty given the year we've had & fact people can't watch it in groups as they usually do. I understand they want to pay Joshua but surely the standard £20 (i'd have gone £15 personally given the circumstances) would have been sufficient.

They're only doing it at all IMO to facilitate the Fury fight next year. No chance that goes ahead without a full stadium in the summer (God that would be f***ing amazing after this year)

i’d like to think its due to the pandemic and no gate money really ! Hawking back to them saying that price for the Ruiz rematch woild be a one off is invalid as things are a bit different now !

Makes Warren look all the better for this weekends fight but by all accounts the Fury fight aint happened because they couldnt get the money together so !

i’d like to think its due to the pandemic and no gate money really ! Hawking back to them saying that price for the Ruiz rematch woild be a one off is invalid as things are a bit different now !

Makes Warren look all the better for this weekends fight but by all accounts the Fury fight aint happened because they couldnt get the money together so !
I think it is interesting, that Joshua can command a £25 fee and still do decent numbers (probably) whereas Fury can't put a fight on. As much as Fury likely wins the AJ fight, there's no doubt who the draw is in the UK..only boxing fans are interested in the challenge Pulev brings, and they'd have watched any Fury fight.

Casual fan market very heavily in AJ's favour it seems.

Last edited:
To be fair any Boxing fan will heavily favour Joshua, he's got 1 of the most padded records out there, wins against the most boring man on the planet Hughie Fury and a split decision win against Chisora, the mandatory fight he needed a decision win over a nobody who was 38 years old, not exactly a CV which warrants a world title fight.
Edit: I believe I've badly mis-read the last posts but aye :D

Fury has probably outgrown Top Rank/Warren, they made big losses on the Tom Schwarz/Otto Wallin fights and that was with crowds, the only time they make money if it's for a title.

Last edited:
Fury has probably outgrown Top Rank/Warren, they made big losses on the Tom Schwarz/Otto Wallin fights and that was with crowds, the only time they make money if it's for a title.
Who could have predicted that Otto Wally and Tom Black weren't going to be big draws?

I think it is interesting, that Joshua can command a £25 fee and still do decent numbers (probably) whereas Fury can't put a fight on. As much as Fury likely wins the AJ fight, there's no doubt who the draw is in the UK..only boxing fans are interested in the challenge Pulev brings, and they'd have watched any Fury fight.

Casual fan market very heavily in AJ's favour it seems.
AJ is king of the casuals for certain

Me too. I can't really remember the lost prime time fight I looked forward to as much as this that you didn't have to pay extra for. I've watched loads of build up shows this week.
I still can't believe this isn't ppv. Its great that they've decided to take such a risk for no real pay.

Balls are garn mad.
schlong is twitching.

ddd v joe is getting close....what a f***ing fight.

still can’t pick a winner.
need to see weigh ins as sometimes I kid myself that I can gage firmness and mindset 😐😃
Still can’t split them, I’m down to ddd greater speed versus Joyce granite chin. Ffs
Joyce 6/1 on will hill for ko/tko.

feels decent value, but cant help seeing ddd bouncing right hands

Last edited:
Balls are garn mad.
schlong is twitching.

ddd v joe is getting close....what a f***ing fight.

still can’t pick a winner.
need to see weigh ins as sometimes I kid myself that I can gage firmness and mindset 😐😃
Still can’t split them, I’m down to ddd greater speed versus Joyce granite chin. Ffs

Jennings proved Joe can get caught and hurt to the body and Dubois left hook tothe body is lovely !

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few feel out rounds test each other then see Dubois go body then head and get Joe out !

Jennings proved Joe can get caught and hurt to the body and Dubois left hook tothe body is lovely !

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few feel out rounds test each other then see Dubois go body then head and get Joe out !
Aye. But respectfully ddd best win is an English level at the best fighter. DDD higher potential certainly makes him worthy favourite.

Aye. But respectfully ddd best win is an English level at the best fighter. DDD higher potential certainly makes him worthy favourite.

Cant argue with that and i wasnt really looking at opponents mate just who’s been hurt n how !

Dubois gets a bit wreckless in exchanges and has been caught a few times, Joyce’s chin might be great and him losing a bit of flesh might toughen up his body n i’d reckon weaken the body wreck the head would be the way to do it !

I've put a few quid on Joyce in rounds 7-12 as the value is there. Dubois is favourite because of his potential, but he's only fought doormen so far. We don't know if he can handle someone putting him consistently under pressure.

Back