Latest boxing crack

Boxing is not just about going to knock people out.

i know its not but i don't understand the claim of more gears when he was outperforming and outscoring every tound from the start !

By 3/4 rounds he’ll have known he had him beat so either make a statement, plant your feet n get him out like Shaun Porter couldn't
or coast to an easy points win n have people question if you have the power .....

I know which i’d rather do if i were him/his father/his coach n all the rest

i know its not but i don't understand the claim of more gears when he was outperforming and outscoring every tound from the start !

By 3/4 rounds he’ll have known he had him beat so either make a statement, plant your feet n get him out like Shaun Porter couldn't
or coast to an easy points win n have people question if you have the power .....

I know which i’d rather do if i were him/his father/his coach n all the rest

Watch Herol Graham v Julian Jackson.
Did the mighty Joshua take out Ruiz in their second fight, did he fuck, this is no where near that grade.
Not even in the same league, boxing is about winning not going for KO's.

I thought Benn looked superb, after admittedly only seeing him occasionally and hearing he’d been staggered a few times at a low level, this fight against a guy who’d went 12 with Porter was a decent test, maybe the lad was absolute nails cos I was thinking benn doesn’t have great power but he did batter him for 99% of fight so possibly he has a granite jaw! 😳

Watch Herol Graham v Julian Jackson.
Did the mighty Joshua take out Ruiz in their second fight, did he fuck, this is no where near that grade.
Not even in the same league, boxing is about winning not going for KO's.

I’ll watch that fight cheers !

Again i appreciate and understand that but my point was about taking the chance to make a statement !
The win wasn't in doubt after 2/3 rounds so he could have put his foot down n had people take even more notice ( than they will with a great performance ) of him by KO’ing someone that Porter n many others couldnt !
Not sure how many Joshua will KO going forward he was scared of exchanges in that second fight n knew the way he won was the only way he could, think that different to last night ![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I’ll watch that fight cheers !

Again i appreciate and understand that but my point was about taking the chance to make a statement !
The win wasn't in doubt after 2/3 rounds so he could have put his foot down n had people take even more notice ( than they will with a great performance ) of him by KO’ing someone that Porter n many others couldnt !
Not sure how many Joshua will KO going forward he was scared of exchanges in that second fight n knew the way he won was the only way he could, think that different to last night !

He planted his feet at the start of the sixth and nearly blew himself out. It was the only round I gave Formella a share of, because of it.
If Porter couldn't stop him, it was always unlikely that Benn would.
Cracking performance, nonetheless.

He planted his feet at the start of the sixth and nearly blew himself out. It was the only round I gave Formella a share of, because of it.
If Porter couldn't stop him, it was always unlikely that Benn would.
Cracking performance, nonetheless.
I spotted that too. I reckon he had a bet on for the 6th ;)

Just seen a Dana white interview where he was told that the Mike Tyson v Roy Jones will no ko’s no judges or a winner with no betting allowed. Priced at £20 for PPV you’d have to be mental to buy that imo. Mind you I’m glad I’m not the bloke telling Tyson he can’t ko the man that just punched him :lol:

Just seen a Dana white interview where he was told that the Mike Tyson v Roy Jones will no ko’s no judges or a winner with no betting allowed. Priced at £20 for PPV you’d have to be mental to buy that imo. Mind you I’m glad I’m not the bloke telling Tyson he can’t ko the man that just punched him :lol:
I reacted the same as Dana haha. Wtf is the point of the fight? I know it is an exhibition but they may as well wear headgear at this stage. Not only are no ko's allowed but the fight will be stopped if their is a cut. Absolute disgrace! I am someone who buys every ppv, I do not mind paying the cash, but this is where I draw the line.

Probably for the best. People only paying for the nostalgia of seeing one of the most famous names on the planet back in the ring.

In reality it couldn't work any other way, short of Tyson getting a pro license. Would be a nightmare for insurers and such. Tyson was finished when he was still fighting and he's spent best part of two decades getting high and fat, whereas Roy Jones retired 2/3 years back?

Its shit for anybody who was expecting a full on scrap, but realistically could never be more than a bit of a spar really. Pricing is mental but it's just the name Mike Tyson.

It is an exhibition after all. Tyson did a fair few of them years back, didn't he?

Mind, I didn't think Tyson was fat before this. I thought he was in great shape anyway.

Cant see a Joyce win tbh. Every time I’ve watched him I’ve not really been impressed. I think he will struggle with Dubois power and speed.
He is what he says he is though - a juggernaught. Just comes forward and throws straight punches.
If Duboi doesn't have enough power to make him stop, he'll just do what he always does.

For my money, Dub will land on him and hurt him though.

He is what he says he is though - a juggernaught. Just comes forward and throws straight punches.
If Duboi doesn't have enough power to make him stop, he'll just do what he always does.

For my money, Dub will land on him and hurt him though.

He’s a big man Joyce and is no doubt tough, good chin, engine etc. I just think Joyce is too slow and gets caught too much and Dubois will take advantage of that.
It’s a good match up to be fair.

Back