Latest boxing crack

Disappointed in the Lomo fight he took to long to get going but he was definitely beat. The Ritson fight should be changed to a no contest and a full investigation should happen. When you see the whole boxing community saying the same thing you know it stinks.

Was going to ask how you seen the fight.

Was a good one for the purists. Lopez was very impressive. Lomas inactivity was puzzling for the first 6.

looks like was bothered by the power Lopez had early n probably felt it was too much of a risk to try n walk through it and land so had to wait until that power had backed off in the 2nd half of the fight maybe ?!?

Was going to ask how you seen the fight.

Was a good one for the purists. Lopez was very impressive. Lomas inactivity was puzzling for the first 6.

Enjoyed it. Not the best event for the more casual viewer, but for Loma to be restricted to landing 11 relatively 'nothing' punches until the 8th is incredible.

Could see Loma trying to figure him out with different feints and such but Lopez fought beautifully and think his speed caught Loma off guard.

Absolutely bizarre fight, had Lopez winning 115-113. The judge who only managed to give Loma 1 round was ridiculous. Lopez was absolutely huge in that ring but quick and controlled as well. He was an absolute warrior in that final round which won him the fight in my opinion. I can't help feel that Loma lost it with his baffling display early on. From the 4th through to the 7th, he was making Lopez miss plenty, but didn't step up his own attack enough. I only gave him 1 of the first 7.

Looks like he has been caught on his phone during rounds. Probably gets the bullet now. Deserved. Terrible at scoring.
I must have posted about 30 times on this thread alone about how appalling Oconner is. He was rank as a ref, and absolutely bent as a judge.

Was watching america stream, ward scored it a draw, commentary can influence a hell of a lot on watching audience as can tv replays etc...

That's why I watch all key boxing events on mute. Commentary is always biased as feck
I must have posted about 30 times on this thread alone about how appalling Oconner is. He was rank as a ref, and absolutely bent as a judge.

Think he could be done now like. The phone and that card last night might be the final straw

Absolutely bizarre fight, had Lopez winning 115-113. The judge who only managed to give Loma 1 round was ridiculous. Lopez was absolutely huge in that ring but quick and controlled as well. He was an absolute warrior in that final round which won him the fight in my opinion. I can't help feel that Loma lost it with his baffling display early on. From the 4th through to the 7th, he was making Lopez miss plenty, but didn't step up his own attack enough. I only gave him 1 of the first 7.

Just watched it, with the American commentary. I don't get how Loma matching Lopez suddenly meant he was winning those rounds that Ward was giving him. Just because you improve, doesn't mean you win.
Still, I thought it was a 2-3 round fight, not about 9 like one judge "gave" the home fighter.

Honestly man, boxing is awful at the moment.

Back