Latest boxing crack

I don't hate the lad or anything. I've just always thought he wasn't as good as Fury.

I agree. I thought Tyson fucked it when he ballooned etc. What’s shocked me is his come back. He looks better than he ever has. I love the way he moves around a ring, he’s f***ing absolutely huge man and it’s effortless :lol:

Someone with a good chin doesnt get knocked down.......Steve Collins has a great chin, Chris Eubank had a great chin, Nigel Benn and Naz did not.

Marquez had a good chin. Had how many wars with the likes of Pacquiao and took his share of flash knockdowns. Its how you recover too. Every time Fury has been down he's managed to get back up and look comfy on his feet, similar how to how Marquez would plenty of times.

I agree. I thought Tyson fucked it when he ballooned etc. What’s shocked me is his come back. He looks better than he ever has. I love the way he moves around a ring, he’s f***ing absolutely huge man and it’s effortless :lol:

I have to admit I was slow to realise Tyson's skills. Wasn't until the Chisora fights I really gave him much chance of being world level. I actually though David Price was a better prospect. :oops::lol:
Marquez had a good chin. Had how many wars with the likes of Pacquiao and took his share of flash knockdowns. Its how you recover too. Every time Fury has been down he's managed to get back up and look comfy on his feet, similar how to how Marquez would plenty of times.

I am willing to give Joshua the benefit of the doubt for his performance against Ruiz Jr but he didn't recover well at all from the first knockdown.

Last edited:
I have to admit I was slow to realise Tyson's skills. Wasn't until the Chisora fights I really gave him much chance of being world level. I actually though David Price was a better prospect. :oops::lol:

I am willing to give Joshua the benefit of the doubt for his performance against Ruiz Jr but he didn't recover well at all from the first knockdown.

I just never thought Tyson would be disciplined enough tbh, never seemed to take it or himself seriously enough. I never thought he’d ever look as good as he did the weekend though..
Massive name on the record if he can win this one. I still think choclatito has a lot to offer.

He used to be f***ing vicious to the body, blew my mind his first few fights. Never really got the mainstream fans.

Last edited:
I just never thought Tyson would be disciplined enough tbh, never seemed to take it or himself seriously enough. I never thought he’d ever look as good as he did the weekend though..

He used to be f***ing vicious to the body, blew my mind his first few fights. Never really got the mainstream fans.

Lads that small don't seem to get the superstar status.

Lads that small don't seem to get the superstar status.

Nope. British boxing is in a decent spot atm though. All the HW belts between two champions and Whyte who can at least hang with the best and young Dubois. Then the Yafais of this world.

I just wish every big dight didn’t have to be in the USA/ME. I understand why but it would be immense if we could have them here. Fury v AJ at Wembley ty.

So wrong on so many accounts.

So much is to do with style. Somebody like Marquez used to counter punch and trade shots so often caught off balance or flash knockdowns. Fury gets caught with shots he doesn't see and look how far his head is from his centre of gravity! Once he starts going, realistically, he's down. Both get up relatively fine. That's not a bad chin. Wouldn't say Fury has a cast iron chin but it's been good enough to be in there with Chisora, Wlad and Wilder and between them only get put down when he was fresh off two sparring matches after a two year sesh!

Mayweather a contrast. Fantastic chin, but would've likely taken a good few knockdowns if he was fighting through his late 30s at welterweight with the same style he was using to knock people out at lightweight etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
About his fists being at the "wrist" of the gloves?

I think everyone thought Price was going to be mint.

I think I remember @Titus pointing out his flaws when people were talking on here about a potential Fury Vs Price fight but generally people were excited about him aye.

Last edited:

Back