Latest boxing crack

Aye, it's stupid. Might not get a chance for a payday like that again. Another one who is wasting his prime under Hearns guidance.

Course he will. A stadium fight with Saunders would make the pair of them a lot of money.

I don’t blame him or anyone else for turning the Canelo fight down if he feels the money doesn’t reflect what he thinks he’s worth.

Does my nut in Promoters and TV networks are a pain in the arse. Terence Crawford is one of the best fighters in the world, he has been at 147lbs for a while now but because of politcis is yet to fight another top 147lber. Wasting his prime.

Callum Smith turning Canelo down because the offer isn't good enough confirmed by Hearn today. If you think you can win then accept what is on offer. If you win then you have beaten the biggest draw in the sport and you get to demand massive paydays.

I couldn't disagree more with this logic, personally. If I was in their position, I would definitely want to be paid my worth before getting in there with the fighter of the generation. If you end up in a coma or with life changing injuries, the decision sharp looks stupid.
The boxing governing bodies are just as bent as the promoters, in reality it's the TV companies making all the decisions...However I do agree something needs to change as we are mostly been fed hyped up shit fights..

Don't worry we can have KSI v Logan Paul 3 on PPV to help soften to blow of waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Course he will. A stadium fight with Saunders would make the pair of them a lot of money.

I don’t blame him or anyone else for turning the Canelo fight down if he feels the money doesn’t reflect what he thinks he’s worth.
Carmelo is a world superstar fighter so will always demand the bigger cut. Outside of the uk no one knows who Smith is. Sometimes you've got to take a chance to get into the big time. However you've also have to think you can win the fight in the first place. I doubt he really wants it in reality. Tbf following his last bout he's lucky to still have a belt..

Carmelo is a world superstar fighter so will always demand the bigger cut. Outside of the uk no one knows who Smith is. Sometimes you've got to take a chance to get into the big time. However you've also have to think you can win the fight in the first place. I doubt he really wants it in reality. Tbf following his last bout he's lucky to still have a belt..

Wrong sport mate ;)

In all seriousness Smith was lucky against Ryder. I think he’s just looking for one big pay day. Not a chance he or his team will be expecting to beat Canelo IMO.

Last edited:

Smith made an absolute fortune out of winning the WBSS by all accounts as well.

Given that Smith, Saunders and Murata have all turned down offers I'm guessing Canelo and his team are taking the absolute piss with the negotiations.

Callum Smith turning Canelo down because the offer isn't good enough confirmed by Hearn today. If you think you can win then accept what is on offer. If you win then you have beaten the biggest draw in the sport and you get to demand massive paydays.
That tells me he doesn't rate his chances of winning. Beating Canelo would be absolutely huge.

Given that Smith, Saunders and Murata have all turned down offers I'm guessing Canelo and his team are taking the absolute piss with the negotiations.

They will be. De La Hoya is almost finished. Has to milk Canelo and the little hype job for all they're worth. Schaefer scammed him big time.

Or they can also keep doing easy PPV fights and keep the money rolling in..

Do you not rate Garcia? I assume thays what you mean by the little hype job?

He's a speed demon. Think he's going to fall short in other areas but Golden Boy's situation will make them milk and protect him.
No way either of them are ever topping a PPV without either Canelo or Golovkin as opponent.

Saunders is too much of a liability anyway even if he had the following. Doubt any promoter could trust him to headline a PPV even if the figures made sense

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a speed demon. Think he's going to fall short in other areas but Golden Boy's situation will make them milk and protect him.

Saunders is too much of a liability anyway even if he had the following. Doubt any promoter could trust him to headline a PPV even if the figures made sense
So do you think the Davis talk isn't going to come to anything?
No way either of them are ever topping a PPV without either Canelo or Golovkin as opponent.

Or doing a stadium fight.

Back