Latest boxing crack

Canny bit of boxing on TV this weekend:

7pm tomorrow on Sky Sports Action

Lewis Ritson vs Francesco Patera - European Lightweight Title
Glenn Foot vs Robbie Davies Jr - British and Commonwealth Light Welterweight Titles

10pm tomorrow on Channel 5

Martin Bakole vs Michael Hunter
Lee McGregor vs Thomas Essomba - Commonwealth Bantamweight Title

2am Sunday morning on Boxnation

Terence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez Jr - WBO Welterweight Title
Shakur Stevenson vs Viorel Simion

Tete has his WBSS quarter-final this weekend as well but still no UK TV deal in place. Nice one Kalle :neutral:

Glenn Foot vs Robbie Davies Jr - British and Commonwealth Light Welterweight Titles

I was given a ticket for the metro area tomorrow neet but I've gave it away as I couldn't stand to listen to all those pissed up geordies giving it the biggin and acting like tits again, the last show was enough for me. Good luck to Lewis Ritson I hope the lad wins his bout. Plus I'll be rooting for Glenn to do the business and stop Davies but I'll be watching it on the box...

Tete has his WBSS quarter-final this weekend as well but still no UK TV deal in place. Nice one Kalle :neutral:
As long as they put up a free stream again it's probably a better option than ITV box office tbf.

Mind you it's a terrible piece of promoting by Kalle. It's like he's thought gerrin there's money already in place so I don't have to do any work here.

Looking forward to it, just been out to buy my boxing beers ready for tomorrow :cool:

I was given a ticket for the metro area tomorrow neet but I've gave it away as I couldn't stand to listen to all those pissed up geordies giving it the biggin and acting like tits again, the last show was enough for me. Good luck to Lewis Ritson I hope the lad wins his bout. Plus I'll be rooting for Glenn to do the business and stop Davies but I'll be watching it on the box...

I'm just watching at home as well. The card isn't half as good as the last one anyway. Hope the North East lads do well, especially Foot, but one competitive fight is just poor.

To be honest, that C5 card looks just as good as @TheBronzeBummer pointed out a couple of weeks ago. Ill probably be switching between the two.

I'm just watching at home as well. The card isn't half as good as the last one anyway. Hope the North East lads do well, especially Foot, but one competitive fight is just poor.

To be honest, that C5 card looks just as good as @TheBronzeBummer pointed out a couple of weeks ago. Ill probably be switching between the two.
there's a lot of pissheads who's jumped on the back of Ritson success who are not really boxing fans, however he's selling tickets so good luck to him I guess but it wont be for me anymore

there's a lot of pissheads who's jumped on the back of Ritson success who are not really boxing fans, however he's selling tickets so good luck to him I guess but it wont be for me anymore

There's apparently someone who is 2-0 who has sold 1,000 tickets by himself, so it wouldn't really matter what the card looked like, it would be doing decent numbers. Plus if someone is coming out to Blaydon Races / Toon Toon, wears black and white shorts and their logo then loads will want to jump on the bandwagon especially if they are disgruntled with the football, a bit like Josh Warrington and Leeds. Just means Hearn can continue to put lower quality cards on and ironically sell more tickets.

It probably will be hard to get tickets in the coming months after a few Euro title defences.

There's apparently someone who is 2-0 who has sold 1,000 tickets by himself, so it wouldn't really matter what the card looked like, it would be doing decent numbers. Plus if someone is coming out to Blaydon Races / Toon Toon, wears black and white shorts and their logo then loads will want to jump on the bandwagon especially if they are disgruntled with the football, a bit like Josh Warrington and Leeds. Just means Hearn can continue to put lower quality cards on and ironically sell more tickets.

It probably will be hard to get tickets in the coming months after a few Euro title defences.
Been banned from having the scum badge on his shorts.

Went to the last one in Newcastle and was a canny night out, was hoping for a more memorable Kelly performance really but Ritaon stole the show with the locals and KO.

I was interested in going to this one but to really appreciate the boxing, I don't think it will be that sort of night at all...it'll attract all the wrong people tonight IMO.

Got nothing against people having a drink and sing song either, but trust you'll know what I mean.

Been banned from having the scum badge on his shorts.

Got resolved now.
He can have the badge, but he's not allowed to say anything negative about Ashley.
When he announced this, some of the less intelligent Newcastle supporters were calling him a scab and a sell out. The lad just wants the Newcastle badge on his shorts, good for marketing imo to get a big home based following, so he agrees to not slag off Ashley in public. Fair enough. But to call him a scab or a sell out is just childish.

Went to the last one in Newcastle and was a canny night out, was hoping for a more memorable Kelly performance really but Ritaon stole the show with the locals and KO.

I was interested in going to this one but to really appreciate the boxing, I don't think it will be that sort of night at all...it'll attract all the wrong people tonight IMO.

Got nothing against people having a drink and sing song either, but trust you'll know what I mean.

Went as well and was sober so know what you mean.

Going today,the only shit bit will be the Ritson ring walk.

Back