Latest boxing crack

Cracking fight, really hard to call. I'd side with Taylor 5 or 6 months ago, but he hasn't looked quite as good since the Ryan fight and Davies has looked better recently. I'd say it's pretty 50/50 tbh and we'll probably see 10/11 vs 10/11 type odds when they come out. Home advantage (cards) might just swing it in Josh's favour. Shame it's at the Braehead and not the more central and bigger Hydro.

Looking forward to Gervonta Davis - Liam Walsh tomorrow as well. :cool:

Really looking forward to the BT bill tonight, early days like but the Warren/BT link up has been much better than expected so far. Don't forget Bud in the early hours anarl

Richie making a tit of himself

Thought that the shite Bunce was coming out with before the fight would be difficult to top but Woodhall was horrific post fight. He does actually know his stuff but he's the biggest company man going these days and just sells his soul to whichever promoter/TV station happens to be paying him on any given night

Lomachenko...........i think not anytime soon.

There isn't a fighter in the world at 130, 135 or 140 (not even Crawford) who would have a prayer of beating Lomachenko

Last edited:
Feel like I've taken over the role of @The Bridge Lad as the SMB's resident BT Sport's salesperson but another cracking card last night and Warren really is hitting them out of the park at the minute.

• Seemed as though Ryan Walsh could have finished Marco McCullough a bit earlier but all in all I thought it was a decent performance from him and now he's claimed the Lonsdale belt outright he can definitely come again at European level in the near future. I doubt it'll happen like but Walsh-Warrington would be a really good fight to make next up
  • Superb fight between Joe Pigford and Aarron Morgan. First I've seen of Morgan but seen Pigford a few times now, whilst technically he's dreadful he has genuine one-punch knockout power and going off last night's evidence he has a very good chin as well. He'll not progress beyond domestic level but he'll always be in exciting fights
  • A couple of really exciting prospects in Daniel Dubois and Anthony Yarde. Admittedly their opponents haven't been up to much so far but considering that they only had 17 amateur fights between them before turning pro they look very good offensively in their early professional careers. Mind after watching Dubois' fight in Leicester a few weeks back I can't help worrying about his chin, taken one decent punch in his 3 fights so far and he was clearly stunned for a moment
  • Thought Davis looked good in the main event but he's still raw as fuck and definitely needs to become a bit less wild before he's ready to move onto elite level, the likes of Lomachenko or Mikey Garcia would pick him apart at this point but with Davis still only being 22 he still has plenty of time to develop. If he needs to move up to lightweight in the near future him and Linares would make a very good fight

Away out now but will watch the 2 US cards after I finish work tomorrow

Feel like I've taken over the role of @The Bridge Lad as the SMB's resident BT Sport's salesperson but another cracking card last night and Warren really is hitting them out of the park at the minute.

• Seemed as though Ryan Walsh could have finished Marco McCullough a bit earlier but all in all I thought it was a decent performance from him and now he's claimed the Lonsdale belt outright he can definitely come again at European level in the near future. I doubt it'll happen like but Walsh-Warrington would be a really good fight to make next up
  • Superb fight between Joe Pigford and Aarron Morgan. First I've seen of Morgan but seen Pigford a few times now, whilst technically he's dreadful he has genuine one-punch knockout power and going off last night's evidence he has a very good chin as well. He'll not progress beyond domestic level but he'll always be in exciting fights
  • A couple of really exciting prospects in Daniel Dubois and Anthony Yarde. Admittedly their opponents haven't been up to much so far but considering that they only had 17 amateur fights between them before turning pro they look very good offensively in their early professional careers. Mind after watching Dubois' fight in Leicester a few weeks back I can't help worrying about his chin, taken one decent punch in his 3 fights so far and he was clearly stunned for a moment
  • Thought Davis looked good in the main event but he's still raw as fuck and definitely needs to become a bit less wild before he's ready to move onto elite level, the likes of Lomachenko or Mikey Garcia would pick him apart at this point but with Davis still only being 22 he still has plenty of time to develop. If he needs to move up to lightweight in the near future him and Linares would make a very good fight

Away out now but will watch the 2 US cards after I finish work tomorrow
Hearn in general had started to curb my interest in the sport a bit but it is coming back now. Debating going to that Kelly card next month and will look to get to one or two other shows before the end of the year.

I enjoyed it last night, was a decent show - you had your British title fight, your unbeaten battle, 2 prospects and a fist title for one of them albeit you can't take much from their opponents. I was impressed with Davis, very fast. I do like Walsh but Klimov - Davis was far too much of a step up. I suppose you could say the same for Gervonta when he fought Pedraza (not sure who he fought directly before that) but he is 22 and potentially elite, not 30 and still fighting your Joe Murray's.

I am very encouraged by BT's involvement so far.

Back