Latest boxing crack

Don’t think it would really be an upset if Joshua won to be fair, they are both very capable fighters. I’m a big Fury fan and whilst he was very good this morning, he still has his weaknesses, same as Joshua.

I agree though, Joshua wouldn’t be a pushover. When he’s at his best he’s capable of beating anyone Joshua, same goes with Fury.

Joshua’s always gunna have his critics with that loss on his record. Means nothing though.

Best thing about this fight is that I can sit back and just enjoy it as I would honestly be happy for either bloke to win....A few years back I couldnt stand Fury, he publicy said some shitty things but post his lay off I can't help but like the bloke......AJ is just a great ambassador for the sport and both are cracking fighters......
Wilder and Fury were on opposing networks. Haymon and Arum managed to work together so I'm sure Hearn and Warren can

This fight will mean everybody getting a slice of a very very big pie.....Either promoter would be stupid to sabotage this one for their own financial gain. They will earn more in this one fight than they will in 10 fights facing bums.

Last edited:

He has run out of gas but not always.

I'd take Fury over Joshua but at heavyweight there's never much between two proper boxer's

Thing is, people underestimate how much a stiff jab to the face consistently will tire you out. Physically and mentally. The Kronk philosophy is largely about mental pressure too, listen to a few of Manny Steward's interviews before the Wlad - Haye fight and he explains it a bit more in depth.

Having to constantly react to feints, movement and a ram rod jab will tire you out a lot quicker, especially with the body shots and the rough house clinch tactics like leaning and pulling on neck. I just don't think AJ can manage it.

Thing is, people underestimate how much a stiff jab to the face consistently will tire you out. Physically and mentally. The Kronk philosophy is largely about mental pressure too, listen to a few of Manny Steward's interviews before the Wlad - Haye fight and he explains it a bit more in depth.

Having to constantly react to feints, movement and a ram rod jab will tire you out a lot quicker, especially with the body shots and the rough house clinch tactics like leaning and pulling on neck. I just don't think AJ can manage it.

Probs what Wlad thought, no judges required in that fight.

The jab was snapping Wilders head back every time it landed and he didn't like it. Stopped him from ever really getting going. It is still the most important punch in boxing imo.

Only watched highlights but looks an amazing performance from Fury loved seeing Wilder shown up for the mess of a fighter that he really is !

Wilders defeat last night looked worse than Joshua’s by Ruiz like how wild, swinging, technically shocking he is ! He’s not a boxer he’s one a one trick pony who has got put in his place by Fury

Well played Fury ! Its a shame they’ll make the third fight really don't see the point in it, its not like Wilders gonna learn to box in 3 month
Wilder isn't a mess of a fighter. Let's be clear here he's been undefeated heavyweight. He has an incredible knockout %. Yes he's poor technically but shite he isn't. He's an incredibly dangerous fighter. Fury was robbed in fight 1 but was lucky to get away with standing up.

Fury was amazing today. The division isn't great right now but he's undefeated and all the things he's come through? What a fighter.

He's just behind Lewis as the best British heavyweight ever.

I'd pay for wilder v Fury 3. I wouldn't pay for Fury v whyte. Fury v AJ won't happen

I don't either really but they do both have a strong jab.

Joshua isn't the finished article so if I was his management I'd duck Fury for as long as possible.

Another 18 months may get Joshua a bit closer

Wilder isn't a mess of a fighter. Let's be clear here he's been undefeated heavyweight. He has an incredible knockout %. Yes he's poor technically but shite he isn't. He's an incredibly dangerous fighter. Fury was robbed in fight 1 but was lucky to get away with standing up.

Fury was amazing today. The division isn't great right now but he's undefeated and all the things he's come through? What a fighter.

He's just behind Lewis as the best British heavyweight ever.

I'd pay for wilder v Fury 3. I wouldn't pay for Fury v whyte. Fury v AJ won't happen
Fury Whtye would be a great fight while AJ deals with his mandatories. But I can't see it making much money.
I can't really see Joshua getting any better in the next 18 months personally.
After his massive improvement int the last year, you don't think so???

Fury Whtye would be a great fight while AJ deals with his mandatories. But I can't see it making much money.

I don't think he has improved massively in the last year. He boxed well in the second Ruiz fight but it wasn't better than the Wlad performance when you consider the level of opponent.

I don't think he has improved massively in the last year. He boxed well in the second Ruiz fight but it wasn't better than the Wlad performance when you consider the level of opponent.
You didn't notice that he learned a completely new style and implemented a near-perfect tactical plan to ensure the win.

a la Lennox Lewis.

Honestly, if you can't give credit when its due, there's nothing more I can say about it.

Whyte wouldn't have much for Fury imo. Went life and death twice with a past his best Chisora, almost got stopped late by Parker as well.

You didn't notice that he learned a completely new style and implemented a near-perfect tactical plan to ensure the win.

a la Lennox Lewis.

Honestly, if you can't give credit when its due, there's nothing more I can say about it.
He got chinned of a bang average fighter at short notice and ha way man, He ran rings around a fighter who was 20 stone of flab and incapable of pushing any pace - I said Ii before the fight, Ruiz was a disgrace, absolute disgrace. Worse than buster douglas

and giving credit doesn’t mean have to agree he improved in the last year. He got chinned.

he’s a very very good heavyweight - not elite like Tyson

a la Lennox Lewis.

I gave credit where it was due and said he boxed well. He has boxed similarly to that before against Parker though so he hasn't learned a completely new style at all just came in with a better game plan and performance.

Back