Latest boxing crack

Are you f***ing mental ? :D

Premature assertion but there's definitely questions going on forward on how AJ is going to cope mentally with knowing he can be knocked out. He already knew he didn't have an iron chin but his heart always pulled him through until Ruiz ragged him about

Premature assertion but there's definitely questions going on forward on how AJ is going to cope mentally with knowing he can be knocked out. He already knew he didn't have an iron chin but his heart always pulled him through until Ruiz ragged him about

What I find weird is people saying his loss where he got put down 4 times and stopped was a fluke/lucky punch but his revenge was a masterclass.

I would say that Joshua has been in with some pretty big punchers and come out the other side with a great deal of credit. Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Klitschko and Ruiz all damn hard punchers. He had an off day with Ruiz, that's all. Who has Wilder fought ? Audley Harrison ? I actually watched that fight (if you can call it that) . Robbing a living Audley was, should have been publicly flogged. :D

I would say that Joshua has been in with some pretty big punchers and come out the other side with a great deal of credit. Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Klitschko and Ruiz all damn hard punchers. He had an off day with Ruiz, that's all. Who has Wilder fought ? Audley Harrison ? I actually watched that fight (if you can call it that) . Robbing a living Audley was, should have been publicly flogged. :D

None of them hit as hard as Wilder though. Not even close.

He has been, and he's got through. What I'm saying is that not everyone is the same after getting stopped like that. I'm not taking anything away from him.
What I find weird is people saying his loss where he got put down 4 times and stopped was a fluke/lucky punch but his revenge was a masterclass.

I think the first fight there was something wrong with him but Ruiz just totally outclassed whatever version of Joshua it was regardless. Its not like he was totally shit, he could've had Ruiz out of there at one point.

This second fight it was good to see him just do the basics that he had to do, well. But I'm looking forward to seeing him over the next few fights to see how he approaches things. I think he's better when he's lighter though. He'll still be able to knock people out regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trouble is though he relies on that one big punch. What happens if it doesn't come ? He's got nothing to fall back on.

He can turn people's lights out with a single shot or an accumulation of punches and tbh, he probably gets slightly underrated in his technical ability. He isn't the best, especially against the technicians like Fury and Ortiz, but he isn't actually that bad of a boxer, it just doesn't quite match his insane power.

For me AJ is Frank Bruno in an era where Frank Bruno would have done what he's done, he did beat Klitschko though so there's always that thing that suggests in the big fights his will can drag him through.

Fury is the best boxer but lacks power, wilder is the opposite of fury and I genuinely have no idea who would win if any of them fought, that's why it's so exciting.

For me AJ is Frank Bruno in an era where Frank Bruno would have done what he's done, he did beat Klitschko though so there's always that thing that suggests in the big fights his will can drag him through.

Fury is the best boxer but lacks power, wilder is the opposite of fury and I genuinely have no idea who would win if any of them fought, that's why it's so exciting.

I'd love Fury to get absolutely ripped, just out of blind curiosity to see what he'd be like :D

He's not washed up like, he's just never been the invincible being that Sky have understandable built him up to be
This is how sky gets such numbers to watch him, build him up as much as they can, calling that a punch perfect performance on sat night was a joke, I think he boxed well and done what he had to do, but punch perfect give me a break, some people will be taken in by that and sky make pounds of these kind of people thinking They are watching someone special

Back