Latest boxing crack

Just seen the punch stats. While Joshua landed double the amount of punches the power punches landed was close. Ruiz Jr managed to catch AJ with 37 power punches with a short reach and slow footwork. Wilders reach is massive and Joshua won't just be able to keep him on the end of his jab so the tactics in a Wilder fight would have to be very clever and well executed.

Wilder and Fury is where its at now

I hope that's next. I'd be fine with Joshua fighting Pulev then Usyk as his mandatories next year then Usyk can fight the winner of Wilder and Fury.

Does Wilder not have a belt anymore?

Ok, I'm wrong. Wilder & Fury is "where its at".
the best fighters

Could be, but there is a lot of water to go under various bridges until anyone can be sure of that. I think its a pretty average division and Usyk could well sort the lot of them out.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm wrong. Wilder & Fury is "where its at".

Could be, but there is a lot of water to go under various bridges until anyone can be sure of that. I think its a pretty average division and Usyk could well sort the lot of them out.

Joshua won't be fighting Wilder next. It will definitely be a mandatory next and my best is on Pulev rather than Usyk.
We cant be 100% sure, but AJ looking washed up to me at this moment

Behave man.

He's not washed up like, he's just never been the invincible being that Sky have understandable built him up to be

I heard an interview with Fury where he was saying he was basically finished after Ruiz 1, but yes people might say he would say that, nevertheless it sounded all very plausible to me, I dont think AJ has it anymore.

He's not washed up like, he's just never been the invincible being that Sky have understandable built him up to be

Aye. He has had problems with every good fighter he has faced. Doesn't mean he is washed up at all.
I heard an interview with Fury where he was saying he was basically finished after Ruiz 1, but yes people might say he would say that, nevertheless it sounded all very plausible to me, I dont think AJ has it anymore.

I had my doubts mainly because of the mental side of handling that loss but he did well on Saturday. Not sure how anybody can disagree.

Last edited:

Not so convinced, although don't think it's too crazy an argument. Depends how he recovers long term from what happened in the first Ruiz fight and what he's going to do stylistically now against anyone capable of trading with him

Not so convinced, although don't think it's too crazy an argument. Depends how he recovers long term from what happened in the first Ruiz fight and what he's going to do stylistically now against anyone capable of trading with him

The way I see it is this. No matter who Fury fights he doesn't have to change his tactics, he tries to box their head off, Wilder doesn't change his tactics, he tries to take their head off, Usyk the same he boxes and doesn't really change his tactics but Joshua has to change his style for all 3 of those opponents because he can't best any of them in their particular style. He ca t outbox Fury or Usyk and he can't out gun Wilder.

Back