Latest boxing crack

I think he should have tried to find a better challenge. It's hard but I don't think fighting has beens on Channel 5 his what his talent deserves.

Not really ranked or internationally known so no one half decent has anything to gain in taking the fight, given they would probably lose aswell. Soto's ranked with the WBC and Taylor has the Silver belt so could help.

Only had 11 fights but seems to be stagnating a bit and he looks a fair few fights from becoming a mandatory. Too good for anyone at British level to make a decent fight there.

Someone like Perez or Broner would be a good step up but he brings nothing to the table.

I enjoy Channel fives cards but they always seem to clash with one on BN or Sky. Mcguigan said that Selby would be having a world title shot this year but he looks like he's fighting for the European.

Soto's not a bad fight for him at this stage of his career and in normal circumstances would be seen as a very good opponent for somebody's 12th fight but definitely a step back from Vazquez. The initial plan was for him to fight Yigit for the European title but he's pretty much ducked Taylor and it seems as though they're looking for a world title fight towards the end of the year, other than Mikey Garcia I think he already has a real chance of beating anybody at 140.

As for the TV situation I can't see him sticking around with Cyclone for long if Frampton wins his court case against them.

Canny little card.....and following week it’s frampton v donaire

See that arsehole Hearn has put the khan fight on the same night as frampton fifth, warren had the frampton card booked for ages...nee need

Not very often that I'd choose to believe Hearn but he said that he initially booked the Khan show when it looked as though Frampton-Donaire was scheduled for the 7th.

Not very often that I'd choose to believe Hearn but he said that he initially booked the Khan show when it looked as though Frampton-Donaire was scheduled for the 7th.
He can fuck off

Herol Graham in a bad way apparently....in hospital with depression, wife advanced cancer and can’t earn a living.

Always wondered why someone so talented and a defence willie pep would acknowledge never became a pundit.

Last edited:
Spence-Peterson went about as expected. Brutally one-sided throughout the first 5 rounds then Spence toyed with Peterson for the next 2 without getting out of second gear before Peterson's corner pulled him out.

You'd imagine that a fight with Thurman will happen towards the back end of the year with them both being with Al Haymon but as ridiculous as the promotional situation is in the US, surely the winner of that fight against Crawford has got to happen.

Eddie Hearn still hopes to stage a fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, but admits the bout would be "tricky to make".

The Matchroom Boxing boss suggested last week that Joshua could face Fury as early as this summer, provided that he overcomes Joseph Parker in their unification clash in Cardiff on March 31, live on Sky Sports Box Office.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ification-fight-live-on-sky-sports-box-office
But negotiations between the rival heavyweights might be problematic, with Fury likely to demand a higher percentage of the purse split than normal as a voluntary title challenger.

Whys Fury been akward to make the fight happen?
Fury doesn't hold the cards in bargaining here.
If Fury wants his titles back he is going to have to accept the terms AJ/Hearn sets.

So what's the likelihood of this fight happening this year.

Eddie Hearn still hopes to stage a fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, but admits the bout would be "tricky to make".

The Matchroom Boxing boss suggested last week that Joshua could face Fury as early as this summer, provided that he overcomes Joseph Parker in their unification clash in Cardiff on March 31, live on Sky Sports Box Office.
But negotiations between the rival heavyweights might be problematic, with Fury likely to demand a higher percentage of the purse split than normal as a voluntary title challenger.

Whys Fury been akward to make the fight happen?
Fury doesn't hold the cards in bargaining here.
If Fury wants his titles back he is going to have to accept the terms AJ/Hearn sets.

So what's the likelihood of this fight happening this year.

I don't want it to happen this year tbh. I'd rather see Fury fight 3 times before and then a big fight next year.

Tyson’s ego and tweets at becoming boring now

Bleating on saying AJ n Hearn need to stop using his name and he wants 60/40 in his favour it’s ridiculous, he’s used AJ to keep interest in him going for the last 2 years

1 decent top level fight does not make a legend

Back