Latest boxing crack

At St James. Makes sense for everyone really. Ritson makes a fortune then goes back to European level, Hearn gets a fortune from selling out a stadium, Taylor/Prograis get a relatively easy defence
And the Geordies get a chance of winning something again.

Have a bet on by any chance ? Wasn’t wider than that? Or you just want your score to be called out 😂

Na not at all, I was tempted to bet on Cheeseman and Davies so would have been fucked already :lol: the cards were fair, I had 9-3 but could have given Davies a round or 2 more like the judges, I just think a lot of his shots weren't landing and Ritsons were
And the Geordies get a chance of winning something again.

:lol: 52000 screaming

At St James. Makes sense for everyone really. Ritson makes a fortune then goes back to European level, Hearn gets a fortune from selling out a stadium, Taylor/Prograis get a relatively easy defence

Absolutely.

To be fair, he’s got a chin on him, Ritson, but I’d give him half a chance at best against Prograis and absolutely zero against Taylor.

Only time I think he really looked tested with the chin was 12 for one second I thought his head had went.
Nah he took a good one flush in 9th or 10th and never faltered. I don't think he's chinny but a good combo from a world class super light when he's been pushed about for a few rounds will definitely topple him and he won't get up.

Nah he took a good one flush in 9th or 10th and never faltered. I don't think he's chinny but a good combo from a world class super light when he's been pushed about for a few rounds will definitely topple him and he won't get up.
Not sure if it was the angle but he looked for a second to be in trouble.

No way Ritson is ready for Josh Taylor

Even Ritson said in his post-fight interview with IFL that Taylor would give him a hiding.
Thing about those rounds where cheese was moving really well, you don't win rounds for not getting hit. You have to land too

Pretty much the impression I had watching at the arena. Cheeseman did box well but didn't seem to land an awful lot of clean punches, Fitzgerald didn't seem to do a lot for the first 9 but looked a completely different fight once he started targeting the body late on.

Would have to watch the fight back but thought it was close but clear for Fitzgerald.

Last edited:
Not sure if Taylor will beat Prograis next week (great fight and looking forward to it, will buy), probably leaning the other way, but if he does then the Taylor-Ritson fight at St James' does make a lot of sense. Everyone will get massive paydays, a big event, and a relatively easy first defense for Taylor against a WBA ranked opponent. Yesterday wasn't a final eliminator, but they could probably manipulate it to count as a mandatory defense, and that would also get that out of the way for Josh. Plenty would also come down from Edinburgh so it could actually do nearly 50,000.

A loss to a unified champ in Taylor wouldn't really do Ritson much harm either, as long as he was reasonably competitive in parts, and then he could go back to British level or even challenge for the European belt again and milk another night at the arena. Hope it happens.

Back