Latest boxing crack

Usyk fight pretty tedious, chazz was a body if nowt else, usyk must have struggled to get up for that and looked a tad lethargic the first few rds, but can’t take anything from that fight seriously.

In all seriousness the board need to send Allen for stringent psychological testing before deciding to license him for the minute IMO. Pulled himself out of the Ritson bill next weekend because he was in no mental state to fight and he apparently said in an interview last night that he knew 5 weeks out that he wasn't going to beat Price and that he was terrified going into the ring.

Thoughts on the Newcastle card next week? Looks decent. 2 50/50 fights

I expect Cheeseman to improve, not sure if he'll beat Fitzgerald though. I think Davies will beat Ritson on points

Fitzgerald to beat Cheeseman points. Depends whether or not Cheese has improved much. Don't think Fitz stops him though.
Ritson to stop Davis late. Ritson hasn't looked the same beast at 140 but he needs a good performance if he's gonna be a force at the higher weight.

Isn't that how he fights? Figures out the opponent, then takes them out methodically.

It was a glorified sparring match for Usyk. He wasn't really trying to stop Witherspoon until he knew he'd fully gassed out and it was getting pointless.

Patrick Day dies of his injuries. A tragic loss that like. Sounded like a canny fella. RIP.

As much as I love the sport it definitely puts me off a bit when things like this happen.

Been like 4/5 boxing related deaths in less than a year.

Got to respect these guys for putting their lives on the line for a living no matter how much they make.

Back