Latest boxing crack

Big John Fury isn't happy with the fight prep or the team.

John Fury: “I have never seen him so bad, he seemed weight drained, it looked like he left it all in the gym.Then the cut come and he is a lucky man
I don't know how he has taken the cut in the third and made it to the 12th.
It has gone terribly wrong in the camp and someone is to blame. Tyson never landed a meaningful punch.
“If Tyson had been in front of one of the top-three or Alexander Povetkin, he would not have won.
“I am a straight talker and that is the worst I have ever seen him.
“I have half an idea what went wrong but I cannot share it. He has done an eight-week camp but his strength and power have gone.
“He was as weak as a kitten. His body looked a lot softer tonight. He is not an 18st fighter, he wants to be body beautiful.
“I have seen this coming. I saw this coming.
If he keeps hold of that team, that whole team, they will cost him his career. Ben Davidson and everyone.
“The cutman is the only one who can take any credit. it was like a shark's mouth.
“If this was not his show, if he was the away fight, he would have been gone.”

Not that he was going to already. I’m guessing now after that cut. That’s Fury’s last fight before facing Wilder in Feb 2020.

Not sure how long it takes for a cut like that to heal with a potentially huge fight with Wilder to come.

Not that he was going to already. I’m guessing now after that cut. That’s Fury’s last fight before facing Wilder in Feb 2020.

Not sure how long it takes for a cut like that to heal with a potentially huge fight with Wilder to come.
It will need a few stitches that's for sure.

I think Wilder will beat him anyway.

I thought the Swede deserved the first 4 rounds, then it was all Fury.
The grab and rub on the cut should have seen a huge point deduction. Or worse still, stopped the fight with a DQ. If the fight was to be stopped any time after that then that grab and rub could have been the reason why rather than the initial punch

Surprisingly good fight that. Fury looked really lethargic but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs to despite him preferring to be an elusive boxer, was like watching one of his pre-Cunningham fights at times.

Fury hasn't looked up to much thus far, tbf, the other bloke has come to have a fight

Got himself into really good shape but him and his team took Wallin as seriously as everybody else did.

Andy Lee saying there's no chance that it will heal properly in time for him to adequately prepare for the rematch in February if it's signed.

John Fury: “I have never seen him so bad, he seemed weight drained, it looked like he left it all in the gym.Then the cut come and he is a lucky man
It has gone terribly wrong in the camp and someone is to blame. Tyson never landed a meaningful punch.
“If Tyson had been in front of one of the top-three or Alexander Povetkin, he would not have won.
“I have half an idea what went wrong but I cannot share it. He has done an eight-week camp but his strength and power have gone.
“He was as weak as a kitten. His body looked a lot softer tonight. He is not an 18st fighter, he wants to be body beautiful.
If he keeps hold of that team, that whole team, they will cost him his career. Ben Davidson and everyone.
“The cutman is the only one who can take any credit. it was like a shark's mouth.
I'm unsure with Davison like.
Be interested to see how bjs does with him, though I know bjs worked with him briefly before.
I'm not convinced of trainers who have made no winners and just inherited them.

Last edited:
bloody hell how was that fight allowed to go on? There was blood streaming all over the place, ending up on the backs of both of them even, what a gruesome mess.

His dad is an idiot.
Fury looked sluggish from the beginning mind. Although Wallin did well to make it a hard night for him.

Not going to be too critical of Wallin rubbing the cut etc, it's pro boxing and I'd do the same thing.

Interested to see if anything comes of ESPN telling the Fury camp that the cut was from a punch. Not sure how many picked up on it but surely an argument for it upsetting the progression of the fight

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see if anything comes of ESPN telling the Fury camp that the cut was from a punch. Not sure how many picked up on it but surely an argument for it upsetting the progression of the fight

Looks like a lot of people have mentioned it on Twitter. Bad form that like, can't imagine them informing Wallin's camp if roles were reversed.

Looks like a lot of people have mentioned it on Twitter. Bad form that like, can't imagine them informing Wallin's camp if roles were reversed.

Was very cheekily done. Production team clearly seen $s going down the drain from potential Wilder rematch if Fury thought it would go to the cards if stopped.

Back