Latest boxing crack

The Wlad win was class I’ve never doubted that I think he beat him outside the ring and in his head more than anything else and defused the fight, moved and outboxed Wlad

If he chooses to he can beat anyone in the division right now he’s class at keeping a fight at his range and his movement is superb although I think if a fighter hits and swings at his body n slows him down that way they might then have more chance of landing up top !

Beats consistent top 10 fighters and he can prove himself one of the best boxers in a long time

No reason to doubt he will, bob and frank have done exactly what they said when he signed with ESPN, 1 or 2 welcome to America fights then a blockbuster.
Park our boxing fans heads for a second and last week was a promotional masterpiece from frankie and bob.

Move into September.

No reason to doubt he will, bob and frank have done exactly what they said when he signed with ESPN, 1 or 2 welcome to America fights then a blockbuster.
Park our boxing fans heads for a second and last week was a promotional masterpiece from frankie and bob.

Move into September.

I know Bobs being saying Hearn knar’s Nowt about promoting in America but that ringwalk last night was class n proves he knows what to do !

Brilliant stuff !

The movement against the ropes was class but it’s not like it was a top class opponent being made to swing and miss ! If he does that against a sharp, quick accurate top 5 opponent ( excluding wild swinging Wilder ) then he should get huge credit !

I know Bobs being saying Hearn knar’s Nowt about promoting in America but that ringwalk last night was class n proves he knows what to do !

Brilliant stuff !

The movement against the ropes was class but it’s not like it was a top class opponent being made to swing and miss ! If he does that against a sharp, quick accurate top 5 opponent ( excluding wild swinging Wilder ) then he should get huge credit !

Excluding the hardest hitting heavyweight around?

I know Schwarz is levels below, but that one has baffled me :lol:

Who else are they going to fight?

I'm not necessarily saying this is possible with politics etc.

AJ rematches Ruiz. IF he wins, and Wilder/Fury happens then yeah, the winners of each ought to fight each other (realistically AJ should've already fought one of them but here we are).

Arguably Wilder should be fighting Whyte too. Whether or not you rate him as a top heavyweight, it can't be a closed shop.

I haven't paid as much attention to up and coming heavyweights for a while now as I think other divisions are more interesting currently.

He's still a canny boxer like :lol: if he loses to Ruiz again then his stock will fall im sure.

This, all World Champs have had that banana skin fight where they lost to a rank outsider. Not sure AJ fight was as big a shock as Buster Douglas taking out Tyson. AJ is still relatively inexperienced, something that everyone has commented on. Essentially he has been learning his trade while heavyweight champ of the world.

Tyson was the biggest shock I can ever remember in boxing, the bloke was an absolute monster at the time and Buster Douglas was rightly not given a hope in hell.....The AJ fight was talked about right through the build up as a banana skin for AJ with people like Bunce telling the everyone who expected him to steamroller him in 1 round given he was the replacement for Miller that "Ruiz is no mug and shouldnt be taken lightly"

People who know boxing saw Ruiz as a potential danger, absolutely nobody saw Douglas as a danger to Tyson.

You are 100% spot on too, he has to win this rematch and win it convincingly. If he doesnt his marketability is in tatters. People can write off a one off horror show as being just that and he can come back stronger. If he were to lose back to back fights against somebody who looks like Ruiz he is in serious trouble.

Lets also not forget here that AJ was the first fighter ever to drop Ruiz and but for over confidence rushing in for the finish after the knockdown and walking onto a big bomb then last week never happens and we are sat here talking about him still being the best on the planet. He fucked up, he was naive and he paid a massive price for it. The worrying part for me was the fact he looked so lost and didnt seem to know what to do.......I am hoping that having experienced that situation once he will analyse it and wont let it happen again.

Cannot wait for the rematch as Im pretty sure AJ will come in full on savage mode.

AJ rematches Ruiz. IF he wins, and Wilder/Fury happens then yeah, the winners of each ought to fight each other (realistically AJ should've already fought one of them but here we are).

Arguably Wilder should be fighting Whyte too. Whether or not you rate him as a top heavyweight, it can't be a closed shop.

I haven't paid as much attention to up and coming heavyweights for a while now as I think other divisions are more interesting currently.

Whyte will beat Wilder imho, big, strong, can bang and is aggressive as fuck. While pulling a couple of his usual big windmills out of the locker against Fury Wilder was completely schooled during that fight and we know Furys chin is not great as been dropped previously. Whyte is a live opponent and Wilder has struggled against anything with a pulse in the past.

Whyte definitely deserves a fight with one of the big 3 names like, the fact he hasn't tells you he is a dangerous fight to take, if he fights all of them I think he'll beat one of them.

Move into September.
Exactly..

Well done Tyson, sadly I cant afford box office events so have just had to read up on the fight. I noticed he's looking in great shape, that's some mean feat in itself.
I honestly think he would beat AJ no bother, I worry that AJ will struggle in his rematch against that tubby bloke so perhaps Tyson will just have to take the belts off him instead ;):lol:.

Well done Tyson, sadly I cant afford box office events so have just had to read up on the fight. I noticed he's looking in great shape, that's some mean feat in itself.
I honestly think he would beat AJ no bother, I worry that AJ will struggle in his rematch against that tubby bloke so perhaps Tyson will just have to take the belts off him instead ;):lol:.
Full fight is on YouTube

Fury is all wrong for Ruiz. If they were to fight he would indeed be left looking very much a reflection of his physique

Excluding the hardest hitting heavyweight around?

I know Schwarz is levels below, but that one has baffled me :lol:

Hardest hitting is one thing, sharp, crisp, accurate, well hidden clever punches are another and Wilder does none of that ! Wilders swings most boxers will see from a mile off even Joshua still would, yes moving to avoid them or blocking them is another thing ( where there’s now massive doubt over Joshua )

The blows that flattened Stiverne and Brezeale wouldn’t get anywhere near an inform, for top heavy weight which neither of those will ever be !

Hardest hitting is one thing, sharp, crisp, accurate, well hidden clever punches are another and Wilder does none of that ! Wilders swings most boxers will see from a mile off even Joshua still would, yes moving to avoid them or blocking them is another thing ( where there’s now massive doubt over Joshua )

The blows that flattened Stiverne and Brezeale wouldn’t get anywhere near an inform, for top heavy weight which neither of those will ever be !

Disagree.

The combination of unpredictability and extreme punching power cannot be understated. See: Mayweather v Maidana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whyte will beat Wilder imho, big, strong, can bang and is aggressive as fuck. While pulling a couple of his usual big windmills out of the locker against Fury Wilder was completely schooled during that fight and we know Furys chin is not great as been dropped previously. Whyte is a live opponent and Wilder has struggled against anything with a pulse in the past.
I'm often wrong about boxing but I just don't see what alot of people are seeing in Whyte.

Wilder throws alot of punches from his hip. They aren't that easy to see coming.

Last edited:
Disagree.

The combination of unpredictability and extreme punching power cannot be understated. See: Mayweather v Maidana.

That’s fair enough !

I wouldn’t see him as too unpredictable, he’ll try n get through with his jab if that don’t work he’ll try n get through with power he’s not like Fury with switch hitting, changing stance, unpredictable combinations, different angles and heights, clever movement etc Wilder has none of that because he think he doesn’t need to cause he’s fought mainly nothing fights !

Wilder had to think more than ever in the Fury fight and I wouldn’t say he did anything that unpredictable in that fight really

I'm often wrong about boxing but I just don't see what alot of people are seeing in Whyte.

Wilder throws alot of punches from his hip. They aren't that easy to see coming.

Whyte's balance is shit, often looks ponderous and isn't too fast. He is however tough as fuck, extremely strong and is surprisingly smart a boxer. The contrasts make him entertaining for me.

Correct on the last point. He's also very explosive.

Whyte is the man to watch at the moment. He will be too strong for Wilder in my opinion.

Back