Latest boxing crack

The after party for the WBSS show could be a bit lively. All of the McGuigans out in force, Chantelle Cameron and Lee McGregor on the undercard and Frampton on commentary :lol:

Tough one on the weigh ins,
You either boil yourself down the day before to rehydrate to a much bigger weight on fight night, risking what happened above
Or
Boil yourself down to the day of the fight and risk not rehydrating properly for the fight putting yourself at greater risk in the fight.
Sensible to suggest same day weigh ins but fighters will seek every advantage.

Much more in favour of what an earlier poster said about having a safe weight range for fighters to be at 1 week from the fight, then have day before weigh in to check, then on the day official weigh in. This would have fighters fighting at the correct weights.
I'd concede that as far as build up and spectacle goes day before weigh ins can work with limits imposed on what fighters can gain before heading into the ring.

Boxing is a dangerous sport and all measures should be explored to make fighters as safe as possible heading into the ring!

And have people passing out? Not suggesting there's an obvious solution, but the status quo is pretty terrible tbh

So what's the schedule for tonight then?
Tbf 1000’s of fights a year. That’s maybe the second time I’ve seen someone pass out on the scales

The schedule is
Thai bait down the orange grass
Prob watch Britain’s got talent with our lass
WBss card with the monster and josh
Then watch the juggernaut and billy Joe
Kip
Bacon sarnies and watch wilder when I get up :cool:

Last edited:
Tbf 1000’s of fights a year. That’s maybe the second time I’ve seen someone pass out on the scales

The schedule is
Thai bait down the orange grass
Prob watch Britain’s got talent with our lass
WBss card with the monster and josh
Then watch the juggernaut and billy Joe
Kip
Bacon sarnies and watch wilder when I get up :cool:

Sounds class except the Britains got talent bit. Orangegrass is top bait

Lamex Stadium, Stevenage - Billy Joe Saunders v Shefat Isufi (WBO world super middleweight title); Joe Joyce v Alexander Ustinov (heavyweight)

The SSE Hydro, Glasgow - World Boxing Super Series semi-finals: Ivan Baranchyk v Josh Taylor (IBF world super lightweight title); Emmanuel Rodriguez v Naoya Inoue (IBF, WBA regular world bantamweight titles)

They're going to be on at the same times, aren't they?

Lamex Stadium, Stevenage - Billy Joe Saunders v Shefat Isufi (WBO world super middleweight title); Joe Joyce v Alexander Ustinov (heavyweight)

The SSE Hydro, Glasgow - World Boxing Super Series semi-finals: Ivan Baranchyk v Josh Taylor (IBF world super lightweight title); Emmanuel Rodriguez v Naoya Inoue (IBF, WBA regular world bantamweight titles)

They're going to be on at the same times, aren't they?
Just get ya Betamax out man

Back