Latest boxing crack

If this doesn't put people off the sport, nothing will. The landscape is just f***ing awful. Just about every noteworthy Brit fighting in America now, 4/5am fights galore, very poor normal Sky and BT shows and a match up between 2 contenders in Whyte and Rivas on PPV, and to make matters worse, 4/5am PPV fights are starting to become normal now with Khan, AJ and Fury all on on Box Office in the States all within about 6 weeks of each other.

Rare good, prime time, non PPV cards like this Glasgow one on Saturday should be treasured. Absolute joke what's happening now.

Who in their right mind would buy an actual tune up fight at 5am? It's insane.

Last edited:
If this doesn't put people off the sport, nothing will. The landscape is just f***ing awful. Just about every noteworthy Brit fighting in America now, 4/5am fights galore, very poor normal Sky and BT shows and a match up between 2 contenders in Whyte and Rivas on PPV, and to make matters worse, 4/5am PPV fights are starting to become normal now with Khan, AJ and Fury all on on Box Office in the States all within about 6 weeks of each other.

Rare good, prime time, non PPV cards like this Glasgow one on Saturday should be treasured. Absolute joke what's happening now.

Who in their right mind would buy an actual tune up fight at 5am? It's insane.
Don’t be so melodramatic man :)
Wasn’t that long ago I had to order all the big fights on vhs from the states, and also wait 3 weeks for my copy of world boxing and the ring magazine to come out.:cool:f

I really don’t give a fuck what time the fights on as I’ll just record it....but agree Ppv is getting silly, f***ing daft...but then daft twats like me pay it.

Don’t be so melodramatic man :)
Wasn’t that long ago I had to order all the big fights on vhs from the states, and also wait 3 weeks for my copy of world boxing and the ring magazine to come out.:cool:f

I really don’t give a fuck what time the fights on as I’ll just record it....but agree Ppv is getting silly, f***ing daft...but then daft twats like me pay it.

I massively disagree with that, it makes a hell of a difference to me watching at 9/10pm on a Sat night or recorded for the next day. Obviously we're historically used to the very biggest fights being on at that time, and one every 3 or 4 months isn't bad and I might make an exception and stay up to watch one live, but when it's your actual bread and butter UK stuff going over there then it's absolutely ridiculous.

Watching sport delayed just doesn't compare at all to it watching live - you can't really watch with mates, you can't put an in play bet on, there's always a chance the result can get spoilt, or you have to go to great lengths to avoid it, or the broadcast cuts off like on ITV4 earlier in the year, then it can also be a bit tactical if you're on SkyQ when FF.

I'll see how it goes over the next 6-12 months or so, but if 90% of the stuff happens in the early hours for the foreseeable future, I'll massively lose interest.

Back