Latest boxing crack

Should he fight for peanuts? :lol:

What sort of thing? Linky?

They're a global scale narcotics importation company 'front'.

Joshua's camp won't be arsed, unless Fury's carrying a belt. It'll only be Wilder they're interested in now. Fury's said he'll be fighting three times a year, but who's he going to fight?? Povetkin? Whyte? Parker? Joshua's been there and done that.

There's plenty of fights imo. If Joshua fights Wilder I doubt the masses will say "Meh, Joshua's too best wins, Fury has been there and done that".

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Absolutely not.

And he deserves every penny.

I agree.

But plenty of people seem to think that because he signed a TV deal for a certain amount of money that he's a massive hypocrit. They'd rather more money went to the crooks and people who've never taken a punch to their face.

I agree.

But plenty of people seem to think that because he signed a TV deal for a certain amount of money that he's a massive hypocrit. They'd rather more money went to the crooks and people who've never taken a punch to their face.
I don’t think he’s a hypocrite at all. I think he should earn money.

I was merely pointing out that boxing politics is a complex business. Joshua gets all manner of stick for not making fights, the Wilder fight may well happen but this has made it harder (the Costello and Bunce podcast from yesterday was canny).

Usyk
Ortiz
That aggressive polish lad :) Forgot his name
Whyte

Decent fights.

I don’t think he’s a hypocrite at all. I think he should earn money.

I was merely pointing out that boxing politics is a complex business. Joshua gets all manner of stick for not making fights, the Wilder fight may well happen but this has made it harder (the Costello and Bunce podcast from yesterday was canny).
The streaming v Ppv platforms may make it even harder..or more political .

Matchroom dazn
Top rank ESPN+
Pdc showtime

I can’t knock fury for signing that huge deal..you just can’t!

Last edited:
WBC has ordered the rematch though, haven't they? They said it would go to purse bids "in a week or 2", so "making the fight" isn't really a consideration unless Fury walks away.
If Wilder doesn't play ball, he has to drop the belt, right?

Imagine the lols if Whyte v Breazele is for the vacant WBC title :lol:

WBC has ordered the rematch though, haven't they? They said it would go to purse bids "in a week or 2", so "making the fight" isn't really a consideration unless Fury walks away.

With the WBC out could happen man they make it up as they go along.

I have liked Warren more and more in recent years, but that whole press conference was pretty grim:

Fury deal, while great for him, isn't great for the fans. I can't see it pushing the Wilder fight closer and he'll likely some meh fights in the US at 4am in the meantime - so much for that bollocks about the UK being the epicentre of boxing :lol:

Frank working his WBO magic to somehow get BJS a vacant title shot against someone I'd never heard of, whose record looks shite

Justifying Yarde fighting absolutely nobody because he is highly ranked

Postponing yet another show, 6 days before it was due to take place

Probably other stuff I've missed as well.

I have liked Warren more and more in recent years, but that whole press conference was pretty grim:

Fury deal, while great for him, isn't great for the fans. I can't see it pushing the Wilder fight closer and he'll likely some meh fights in the US at 4am in the meantime - so much for that bollocks about the UK being the epicentre of boxing :lol:

Frank working his WBO magic to somehow get BJS a vacant title shot against someone I'd never heard of, whose record looks shite

Justifying Yarde fighting absolutely nobody because he is highly ranked

Postponing yet another show, 6 days before it was due to take place

Probably other stuff I've missed as well.
Aye
Frampton v Warrington
Wilder v fury;)

You can’t knock frank for doing his job, why would fury knock back that deal to appease matchroom or pdc. That doesn’t make sense.

As for billy Joe, canelo has a fight and ggg is off the radar for now - it gets him in the rig and a title, gets his credibility back to hopefully supporting a big fight..billy created this situation, frank is trying to get him back on track.
Think at this stage we need to trust frank, world clas job with Warrington.

And btw of course I get he’s no angel mate.

Sanctioning bodies order things a lot... Doesn't always happen though, unfortunately

It's a difficult one. When Crolla lost his belt to Linares (and the subsequent rematch, both wide) he should go towards the back of the queue and work his way up to a shot, which technically he did by beating Yordan - how that win gets you a title shot is another matter (promoters in bed with sanctioning bodies springs to mind), but Crolla won his final eliminator and now gets his shot.

It's just a bit of a shame, because while Crolla comes across as a great guy, a likeable lad and often does decent numbers in his hometown, as a fight fan, this isn't really something many want to see - it's literally 1/200 vs 20/1. He'll get paid well for his defeat, can pay off his mortgage (if not already) and possibly retire and live comfortably, but it does just seem a waste of time from a boxing perspective and a waste of 12 weeks of Loma's career - mind, to be fair, there's not too many legit candidates who could hold their own against him.

Back